Sign in to follow this  

No power on '12 450exc (european model)

Guys, I just got the new '12 450EXC with efi - european version - took off all restrictors - from exhaust and air filter but still have no power like it should be (I can compare it to the old carb exc450 and last yaer sx450)- i think there is something in the efi system too but I really have no idea there it can be... need your help 👍

You need to rework your muffler or better-to buy an SX one. AND THEN to have your EFI updated to the unrestricted map.

Hi,

I also have a 2012 EXC450F Six Days.

You have to update the ECU software at your KTM dealer.

Additionally to the restrictors you have already removed, you will also need to remove the lambda sensor. Do it also at your KTM dealer, because you will need the updated software first, or you will get the FI warning light.

Why haven't your dealer derestricted the bike during the PDI?

Mine was delivered to me fully derestricted.

Then got a box with all the parts... (blinkers, mirrors, restrictors, lambda sensor, etc...).

Hope this helps.

Claudio.

Hi,

I also have a 2012 EXC450F Six Days.

You have to update the ECU software at your KTM dealer.

Additionally to the restrictors you have already removed, you will also need to remove the lambda sensor. Do it also at your KTM dealer, because you will need the updated software first, or you will get the FI warning light.

Why haven't your dealer derestricted the bike during the PDI?

Mine was delivered to me fully derestricted.

Then got a box with all the parts... (blinkers, mirrors, restrictors, lambda sensor, etc...).

Hope this helps.

Claudio.

x2 mate my 500 was done at the dealers during pdi aswell.

steven:ride:

I just received my 500exc here in California, and it too is in a "restricted" setup. My dealer does not have any of the 2012 efi maps yet, I am hoping he will soon. It would be AWESOME if you could give some more details regarding removal of the lambda sensor and muffler mod. Which mods are OK to do PRIOR to the ECU mapping and which mods should only be done AFTER ECU mapping?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thank guys! That what I was afraid of that you will need to remap the comp and we already find on another exc - 350exc - we put in the comp from 350sx and it worked like it should - will try to contact to the dealer but it is bad that they are too far away... thank you one more time - your help apriciated!