Sign in to follow this  

coming back to 2 stroke

Well I've decided I wanna start looking for a nice 2 smoker to replace my 450 and I've come across a couple options...

option #1 trade my bike 07 Kawasaki kx 450 for a 2009 beautiful KTM sx 250 but needs new tranny and left engine case...the work doesn't scare me I've done it before and KtM trannies alot of em are interchangeable I've crossed reference parts I can get stuff off ebay.

Option#2 trade for a 2006 KX 250 and he'll give me 300 cash

I would just sell my bike outright but for some reason I've had it posted for the last 2 months and barely got anything I have it priced for 2900 obo only problem is I dont have a title for it....the previous owner lost it

Thanks for your help any opinions appreciated!

I would trade it for the KX250 --- it has the newer twin chamber forks and my buddy loves his.

If the tranny blew up the rest of the bike might be questionable on the KTM.

yup went with the KX 250 but decided my 450 is worth more and I just spent a ton on aftermarket goodies on my 450 that I didnt wanna lose out on so luckily between the 07 and 06 everything swapped over pro taper bars renthal chain and sprockets brand new starcross tires and I just swapped the wheels out they fit up perfect cause my rotors were aftermarket also, asv levers. so I got him down to 2 grand cash and the things RIPS! im really happy with it literally starts first kick hot or cold. I went and looked at the KTM and it was a little rough it was a freestyle bike everything was chopped up on it and I didnt know what the inside of the Cases looked like when the tranny decided to grenade... so I passed on it. I took the KX 250 out for a little yesterday...I cant believe ive been missing out for so long I came back smiling ear to ear that thing is a blast just gota get my suspension dialed in and itll be good. I am pretty excited to be back on a 2 stroke.

Welcome back! I did the same thing a few years back. I also think in this case you made the better choice. The 2-strokes are so much fun; enjoy!

yeah i sold my 250x and got a KDX,i cant see my self ever going back to a 4t,cant beleave i bought into the 4t hype lol