Sign in to follow this  

05 yz450f ohlins

Ok i have a 2005 yz450f. I want to use ohlins suspension cartridge kit and shock but there is no part number for my bike. I was told the 2005 had strange forks and i would be better off getting forks from different year and installing with ohlins cartridge kit.

Also there is no part number for a rear shock but i can get a different year as long as the swingarm will fit around it. Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

yeah, 05 was the first kyb CC fork.

But I think you can improve them. Just use the search for 05 yz fork or kayaba tcv/aos.

cant help you regarding your öhlins question, sorry.

I've noticed some guys have been using the 2006 forks and clamp. I may do this for the forks and have the cart kit installed and that would allow me to go with 1 1/8 bars.

Still not sure about the rear shock. Fitting. Anyone know which other years shock fit on will fit on my 2005 450?

Thanks again.

the 06 fork is better anyway.

If you are not happy with them stock, a revalve for your ability and likes will be the way to go.

no need for cart kit imo.

You have the AOS fork, only used for one year. You want the SSS fork, which is the next year. Unfortunately, you might have to upgrade the caliper, wheel, and axel, or, do a 'mod' to the back of the caliper hanger and make an axle spacer.