Sign in to follow this  

Does this jetting seem lean/rich?

Ok well i have an 04 cr250 and i have previously posted about my idle problem but, wanted some info on my jetting setting. Previously i have been riding in the temperature ranges from mid 60's to mid 70's (changes from beginning of day to end of day) and about 1400 ft elevation. My previous setu was 410 main, 32.5 pilot, needle second clip, and to get it to run well and no low end bog i needed AS 2-2.5 turn out since the cooling from summer times. (it being this far out led me to putting a 30 pilot in) I have a gnarly pipe, shorty silencer, and v force 3's. My question is does this seem lean for the cooler conditions? i always see people going up to 35 pilots, 410/420/430 mains etc for cooler conditions why did i lean mine out? I run 32:1 maxima esther based i believe (whatever is not the 926)/93 octane. Am i having to lean it our b/c im running such a rich oil ratio or what?

If its lean its lean, no matter what # size jets or no matter what somebody on the internet tells you contrary to it. What I've learned. Recomendations are ok for baseline settings, sound like your allready there, trust your own abilities. Dont get hung up on numbers, if it runs good it runs good. Dont concern yourself with how much spooge your pipe is dripping that may have more to do with oil type, full synthetic vs blend and finaly exhaust tip scavaging and exhaust gas exit velocity.

that seems to be a common answer, i just tend to be the type of person to get hung up on numbers/averages. I need to just get it running good and leave it instead of obsessing about it lol.