Sign in to follow this  

2009 WR250F Exhaust

Does anyone know what year YZ250F stock exhuast will fit the 09 WR250F? Also I read in some earlier posts about a stinger, ACV, O ring and Skyblue wire mod? Any info. or advice on these would be great. Newer to the forum and just picked up a new left over 09. So far I have done the grey wire, throttle stop, snorkel and small exhaust outlet. Have AIS on order. Thanks for any input

I would think any year aluminum framed YZ250F exhaust could be made to fit relatively easy. You will lose the spark arrestor making you illegal to ride on most (if not all) public lands.

Look into doing the YZ cam timing also. There is some free performance right there. It can be done to your year bike you just need to grind 1mm off the decompression pin so you can use the electric start still. It is very easy to do and took me about 15-20 minutes from start to finish.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/yz_timing.htm

Remember after all your mods be sure and do the jetting. If you leave the stock jetting then it's going to run like poop! Look into a JD jetting kit or a lot of people have had great luck with the jets and needle that came with the AIS kit

http://www.thumperfaq.com/free_mods.htm

With opening up the air box you might find that just removing the snorkel is not enough. I cut out the silouhettes on the right side and then added round Uni-Filters on the left side. I can send you pics if interested, just PM me.

06-09 YZ exhaust will fit the WR. You have to take the flange out of the WR pipe where it connects to the header and put it in the YZ pipe to make it fit. I got an 08 pipe for $40 on ebay

Thanks guys - I am not sure if I want to go with stock yz250f exhaust or FMF?? Still trying to decide. Do you know if you put a power or mega bomb header on a stock YZ exhaust if it helps or are they made for the FMF cans?

so a stock YZ250F muffler has no spark arrestor? And if you have the full header/muffler set up what gasket should you use where the header bolts up? yz?

Thanks guys - I am not sure if I want to go with stock yz250f exhaust or FMF?? Still trying to decide. Do you know if you put a power or mega bomb header on a stock YZ exhaust if it helps or are they made for the FMF cans?

Go with whichever one you can get a better deal on. The power or megabomb will work with the stock YZ exhaust if you want. If you need a spark arrestor then look into an aftermarket cap for the YZ exhaust or if you're going with FMF then they offer mufflers with SA built in such as the Q4 for example. I have the FMF powerbomb and Q4 on mine and I am very pleased with it.

so a stock YZ250F muffler has no spark arrestor? And if you have the full header/muffler set up what gasket should you use where the header bolts up? yz?

Is there a difference between the two gaskets? If so use the YZ gasket. FMF header doesn't need a gasket just a little hi-temp RTV. Stock YZ does not come with a SA but they are widely available on the aftermarket and GYTR has them as well but they are made by a different company.