Sign in to follow this  

Washington Upper Mad River will close on October 17,2011

Hi Riders,

The Upper Mad River Seasonal Closure will go into affect on Monday, October 17, 2011. The trail is very muddy and snow covered near and above Mad Lake as of yesterday (10/12). Even if the snow melts the trails will remain extremely muddy. Trail damage is already occurring, and as most of you know a lot of tread work has been done up there this season. In order to ensure a quality trail into the future its time to close it up. Please respect this important closure to ensure a quality trail and to prevent trail closures due to damage. I would also like to thank the majority of riders who respected the Mad Lake Trail closure this summer and walked down to the lake.👍

Thanks Mason, I talked to you on the phone today.

They already have snow on Stevens Pass. My .02 to my fellow riders is even though it is open this weekend, perhaps we should be responsible and not F* up the new trails that just got fixed and not ride the Mad this weekend. Mason told me that yesterday just past Mad Lake he was riding in Snow only, not even hitting the dirt. That's fun for about 20 feet then it just sucks IMO... I bet Devils Gulch is snow free, Or Taneum, or go to the Last Chance Poker run in Mattawa. I have been on the trails that got fixed this year, they rock! As long as we don't screw them up, combined with the Lower Mad River trail actually going to open for the first time in forever, next year is shaping up to be stellar.... Now only if it opens earlier next year..

Just my opinion of course.

We rode table and devils today and the trails were awesome ( only a dusting of snow at the upper areas of mt. Lillian). remember that saturday the 15th is the last day tronsen ridge will be open.

Joe

We rode table and devils today and the trails were awesome ( only a dusting of snow at the upper areas of mt. Lillian). remember that saturday the 15th is the last day tronsen ridge will be open.

Joe

Oops, i forgot.....there are 3 trees down on devils gulch trail that are doable but you cant get over one by yourself so 2 riders or a chainsaw.

Joe

Today

PA150027.jpg

then it got worse...

PA150028.jpg

We were going to do the loop around the tie, but axle deep snow turned us back about a mile past the Klone turnoff. Prolly could have made it around, but it wasn't fun riding, so we went back. LOTS of hunters up there.

I have been on the trails that got fixed this year, they rock!

are you talking about the new freeway going up to the lake? if so, then i have to disagree. i think it sucks! waaaaay too wide and fast with too many blind corners. 4th and 5th gear trail is definitely out of place up there. i was scared shitless riding it. i'd much rather have a gnarly trail that keeps the speeds and gears low and makes you pay attention. just my .02.

Today

PA150027.jpg

then it got worse...

PA150028.jpg

We were going to do the loop around the tie, but axle deep snow turned us back about a mile past the Klone turnoff. Prolly could have made it around, but it wasn't fun riding, so we went back. LOTS of hunters up there.

did you clear out Jimmy Creek? wait a minute is that the name? now i can't recall. you know the fun one we did last week, with all the trees down.👍

Today

PA150027.jpg

then it got worse...

PA150028.jpg

I just feel sorry for all you folks that have to sit out the lovely winter weather:moon:. Snow sucks.

I just feel sorry for all you folks that have to sit out the lovely winter weather:moon:. Snow sucks.

we ride year round. summer is for the mountains. all the rest of the year is for the desert and lowlands.

nice try.👍

we ride year round. summer is for the mountains. all the rest of the year is for the desert and lowlands.

nice try.👍

What are the main winter riding area?