High resale prices

Whats with the ridiculous high prices I see on drz400's? 20002-2003 models still going from $2500-3500, is this some kind of joke? 2003-2006 models going for $3500-6000. Looking to buy my first motorcycle but only have $2000 saved up. I have been reading the forums and some of you have gotten yours for around the price of $2000. Unfortunately I can't seem to find one in the same price range :ride:?

Whats with the ridiculous high prices I see on drz400's? 20002-2003 models still going from $2500-3500, is this some kind of joke? 2003-2006 models going for $3500-6000. Looking to buy my first motorcycle but only have $2000 saved up. I have been reading the forums and some of you have gotten yours for around the price of $2000. Unfortunately I can't seem to find one in the same price range :ride:?

The year doesn't matter, since its essentially the same bike. Milage and mods help, but I haven't seen a drz worth $6K to me. Its just a dirt bike that happens to be street legal imho.

2-3K should be easy to find, even in cali.

Yep, make an offer. These guys on cragslist usually have unrealistic expectations... worst is they say no and you're on to the next in line. I would also suggest going around local dealerships and looking at their used bikes.

When I bought my SM, craigslist prices were redonkulous. In '08, I ended up buying a low mile '06 SM from a dealer here in Denver for 4K OTD, title and all.