Sign in to follow this  

wiseco crank

hi there

i have read on past thread that the 04-07 wiseco crank will fit in the 09 engine,and that the only diff is that the 08-09 crank was ounces lighter,has anyone done this and what are your opinions,before i buy one

thanks

I've done it numerous times, the 04-09 cranks are interchangable. You probably read one of my replies to someones post. I wasn't waiting 4 months for a backordered crankshaft for my kids 08. I measured everything from the 08 crank to an 06 crank I had sitting around. Exactly the same crankshaft minus a few onces for weight saving.

I've had very good success with the Wiseco crank kits. I think the worst thing that happened to me was that I got a defective shift shaft seal and it leaked once I started the engine. I can deal with that!

I have had 2 wiseco crank failures in the last couple of months. First one on an 08 lasted 15 hours and twisted the rod like a pretzel,second one last week was on an 07, lasted 30 hrs and sheared the left side off at the main bearing.Both were caused by a poor quality product with no bearing failure,even the twisted one the big end bearing was still good,just the rod twisted and snapped.Buy oem and stay away from the wiseco

I have had 2 wiseco crank failures in the last couple of months. First one on an 08 lasted 15 hours and twisted the rod like a pretzel,second one last week was on an 07, lasted 30 hrs and sheared the left side off at the main bearing.Both were caused by a poor quality product with no bearing failure,even the twisted one the big end bearing was still good,just the rod twisted and snapped.Buy oem and stay away from the wiseco

Wow! So far I've had very few issues with Wiseco. I've had a few issues with the hot rods and the pro-x rod and bearing replacements.

Against my better judgement, I had a crank done for someone that wanted the pro-x rod and bearing installed on a stock crank. Probably because it was the cheapest way out. It lasted almost 10 hrs! The guy was mad at me blaming me for putting it together wrong. I felt bad and replaced the crank for nothing, but once I took it and showed him what happened, he understood. He didn't ask to have another one put in.

Oh man!! I just put a Wiseco crank in my 05'.. I have heard a few stories about their cranks, but i heard it was a certain batch that was screwed up. I have mostly heard great things about their kits. Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Wow! So far I've had very few issues with Wiseco. I've had a few issues with the hot rods and the pro-x rod and bearing replacements.

Ok now i feel a little better..

I must of got 2 from the bad batch then, they did come from the same supplier but about a month apart Still was not real impressed by the quality when you compared them side by side with an oem honda one

I put a wiseco crank in my dads YZ250f, and it has about 20 hours on it and we've had no problems with it. However, one of my friends put one is his RM125 and the rod bearings locked within 3 hours. So it sounds like it's kind of a hit or miss.... i personally would go with the hot rods crank, or the OEM.