Sign in to follow this  

New parts amazing service

So a little over a month ago I had a pretty wicked crash on my 280 and twisted the forks in the triples, broke the fork brace, and tweaked the fender. Heading along this trail when it dropped pretty much straight down and just kept going. I was doing fine on the hill until my 240lb friend on his new to him KTM 300 came barreling along... I didnt want to get run over so i moved over and washed the front on a leaf covered root and watch him fly over the bars and his bike cartwheel another 20 yards down the hill. We were uninjured thanks to padded riding gear and helmets. The bikes were ridable but needed some love. Ended up riding a deer trail out of the valley cause nether one of us could get back up the hill, yea it was that bad.

Got home and loosened the front end and everything seems straight, just need fork brace and fender. Decided to wait on ordering parts since I wasnt going to be riding for a while due to work. So I called up Lewisport this past Tuesday and talked to Adrian. I had gotten some parts from them 4 months ago when I first got the gasser for physical therapy in helping me recover from a broken femur, tib and fib. I was impressed with the knowledge they had the first time around and decided to buy from them again. This time they blew me away. I asked about fork braces and if a carbon fiber was better than OEM. Straight up he said go with the stocker, its cheaper and it wont delaminate over time. Wow, first time a shop has ever told me to go for the cheaper part... Put that on the list of stuff to order along with a fender. I asked about a factory service manual, something that bolt torque specs and was stunned when he said no such luck. I couldnt believe it that there wasnt a manual out there that had instructions and bolt torques in it. Next asked about boots. I had been riding in work boots around the yard then tried wearing my supermoto boots on the trials bike when I went dirt riding and they just didnt work. Adrian answered all my questions and basically said in regards to boots... If you are spending almost $300 on boots whats another $40 to get the best. I decided then to get the Gaerne oiled boots. He then told me he would have to check to see if they are in stock and it would prob ship the next day. Ok cool no prob. I get a call 15min later saying the wernt in stock and it will be 4 days out of the warehouse. Ok I can deal with that, I appreciate the call letting me know whats up. An hour goes by and I get another call saying he found another supplier and they boots will ship that day. Wow totally wasnt expecting that. Then yesterday I get a knock on my door just as I was getting ready for a date. I was going to ignore the door until I spyed the UPS guy... Why is he here? I had everything shipped via ground and it would take 4 days or so. NOPE it was my boots AND fender/brace. Totally opened the door fresh out of the shower wearing nothing but a towel :worthy: Then continued to open everything in my kitchen and check it all out :worthy: I couldnt believe they got here so fast 👍 Last time I ordered parts for my supermoto bike it took FOREVER to get them and the shop didnt really keep me informed. Hats off to Lewisport for fantastic service :ride:

And of course this post it worthless with out pics.... Later that night after the date we came home and she couldnt resist trying on my new boots :worthy:

IMAG0240.jpg

Yep, Adrian and Mandy are great people. The Gaerne's are also very comfortable and work well.

Adrian sold me a used gas tank for my 05 GG280 for $75.00 about a year ago. They are like $300.00 from GG without the stickers, which by the way suck!! I will never forget his kindness. Thank you Adrian, he is one in a million!!! Hey FuzzyB, we all need more picts. of your GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, don't hold out on us!!! 👍

Darrell

Both the girl and the boots are new so thats all the pics I have :ride:
I would do my best to take care of both.👍

Darrell

I also vouch on Adrian at Lewisport's great service and support.

I had to fix the transmission on my GasGas which meant splitting the cases. He told me to bring it down to his shop and taught me how to fix it as he did the work himself. I paid for the repair but walked away knowing I could do it myself if I ever needed to.

He's also given me valuable information over the phone numerous times on how to fix problems. He's got my support for sure.