Fmf stealth silencer / cr250

I was looking to quiet down my 2006 CR250 for local riding. Has anybody here used the new FMF stealth sillencer on their CR ?

I am hoping it doesn't choke off the power too much.

I've been using one on my 03 for over a year now and didn't notice a loss in power at all.I also didn't notice a loss of noise as it seemed the same as my freshly packed stocker(perhaps only sounds deeper,lower).The only reason I leave it on is for the spark arrestor.If I had to do it over I'd just get the standard turbine core.

I have a Q Stealth on my '05 CR250. Runs well, slight improvement in low end power, about the same as stock everywhere else. Possibly a very slight loss in top end power, but very, very slight. For all intensive purposes, it runs exactly like stock. Had to jet slightly richer on the main jet circuit, needle and pilot jetting remained the same.

My Q Stealth is about the same noise level as stock at idle and very low rpm, but is significantly quieter when revving. Very good overall product. Only issue is an aluminum spacer collar (supplied by FMF) is required for proper pipe alignment. It is a large unit as well.

I got the Q Stealth in order to ride at a sand track which is in close proximity to a noise sensitive residential area. Not a single noise complaint from any neighbors have resulted. The Q has done its job. This is a good product which should help keep a few riding areas open.

• Like 1

What expansion pipe are you using? If it's a thin walled fatty pipe, you're probably getting as much noise through the pipe walls as out of the muffler. The quick fix is to wrap fiberglass header wrap around the pipe. It sounds strange, but will make a huge difference.

For the muffler, try a Db snorkel. Or even cut a two foot length of innertube and clamp it to the end of your muffler, making a silly dangling elephant trunk looking thing off the back of your bike. It will both muffle the exhaust noise and aim it at the ground.

I have a Q-stealth on my son's '01 CR250. It's noticeably quieter than the Turbine core on my '02 YZ250. I don't have any comparison to other silencers as this one was on the CR when we bought it. I see no reason to change it as the bike runs just fine. It is, however, longer than stock and touches the side of the rear fender. It has worn a slight groove in the fender, but other than appearance has not been an issue.

I have a Q-stealth on my son's '01 CR250. It's noticeably quieter than the Turbine core on my '02 YZ250. I don't have any comparison to other silencers as this one was on the CR when we bought it. I see no reason to change it as the bike runs just fine. It is, however, longer than stock and touches the side of the rear fender. It has worn a slight groove in the fender, but other than appearance has not been an issue.

Old post sorry, but what had to be done to install the stealth on the 2001 since they only make a 2002+ application?

I didn't have to make any changes as it was on the bike when we bought it several years ago.  Maybe '08 or '09?  I can't remember for sure.  It was possibly manufactured for a '00-01 CR250 and later discontinued.  It fits like it belongs on the bike other than the extra length which makes it contact the fender a little bit.  This I can live with.  Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Old post sorry, but what had to be done to install the stealth on the 2001 since they only make a 2002+ application?

read here

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/581385-now-shipping-fmf-q-stealth-02-07-cr250/

Guy with a 98 did it so you could prolly do it on a 01 if you were crafty. 

Edited by shrubitup