Sign in to follow this  

remove valves

Valve spring compressor with the correct adapters for the DRZ. You can often make something of you have a good shop available.

OH MY GOD NOOOO. A DRZ is not a 55 chevy and I would not even do it to that then. Yes I have resorted to hammer and socket on scrap parts but only on scrap parts. Not only do you risk damaging the valves, keepers, and springs but also the lifter bores. Some people should not touch tools.

What are you trying to do? Replace them? You will need specialized tools for the seats. I think it cost me $140 to have a shop put them in plus the parts I bought from TT. Those valves move at 80 times per second or more and will ruin the head, cylinder and piston if something goes wrong.

Remove head, place head in box (not your head), ship it to Eddie.

Any shop can replace valves. I don't think in this scenario it's feasible, especially when they are over seas.

Any shop can replace valves.

Any shop that has the correct equipment to remove and replace the valves, the equipment and knowledge to cut multi angle seats in the head, install, measure installed valve height, grind valve tip to correct installed height issues, inspect, measure, and if needed replace valve guides, sizing them after install. ..Any shop that can do that, can install new valves.. That is a much smaller amount than "Any" and a even smaller amount that bought them self's a Neway cutter and say they can now do the job.

I don't think in this scenario it's feasible, especially when they are over seas.

Shipping back and forth to the UK is not something i would do on a standard head refresh 👍 But very doable on more special work like porting a head, or install of custom valves.