Sign in to follow this  

450x to 500af

I have a cali street legal 450x that I love. Super clean with lots of extras. I would like to know if anyone has converted one to a 500af. Sounds like most conversions are based around a 250 rolling chassis. If I could keep the street legality of my 450x and drop a cr500 conversion in it then I think I could really brake some bones. Service Honda only does the conversion from scratch with their supplies. Any shops in cali known to do this? Possible trade for a cali legal 500af? Thanks

I have a cali street legal 450x that I love. Super clean with lots of extras. I would like to know if anyone has converted one to a 500af. Sounds like most conversions are based around a 250 rolling chassis. If I could keep the street legality of my 450x and drop a cr500 conversion in it then I think I could really brake some bones. Service Honda only does the conversion from scratch with their supplies. Any shops in cali known to do this? Possible trade for a cali legal 500af? Thanks

The 450x rolling chassis would be a waste, in my opinion.

Too big and heavy.

The 250X is considerably smaller and lighter.

There was a guy on CRF's that did it and it looks awesome. We pulled out the 450x motor out of it for him and put it in Chris's bike (He blew his motor last year at KM).

I think 220lbs. and 70 HP sounds pretty good to me:banana:

Here's the link:

http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32476&highlight=

Edited by crazybrother

If the 500AF is green stickered... buy it, and let me know. I'm sure there's a CA Plate waiting to be installed. :ride:

NO NEED to ruin a perfectly good 450X, JUST for this!

... my 2001 CR500 (dune machine - not a light on it, but with paddle) is street legal. 👍