Sign in to follow this  

2012 crf 250

Im just getting started with the new crf 250 but it already looks good and is making more power nearly 22 pounds of torque and almost 44 hp compression is @ 13.8-1 it can still run pump fuel althoug im running renegade fuel.

Image (94).jpg

heres where im @ curently this is the kit we will be selling its over 2 hp better than last years .i have some new valves and some changes to the crank case that i will be testing that should carry it futher and some more compression .

[ATTACH]17122[/ATTACH]

heres where im @ curently this is the kit we will be selling its over 2 hp better than last years .i have some new valves and some changes to the crank case that i will be testing that should carry it futher and some more compression .

Ron,

If that's not a big bore kit, I want that motor package on my bike.

Jeff

Maybe it's time for AMA to make lites 125cc again LOL that is some awesome power out of a 250cc engine.

its still a 250 the 2012 head gave me the material to work with i wanted to do this with the 2010 but did not have a bike to work with theres more to come .i have some custom valves being made and i have some ideas on making the fuel atomize better.

Looks real good. Stronger than the Tuf kaw 250?

MXA 2012 KXF 250 test bike made 39.5 on the PC dyno all stock. 37.3 the year before. The 2012 KXF is 2HP better from 6k out over the 2011 KXF, thats impressive. The duel injectors must be working.

I just built a dimpled intake port where the injector sprays...testing next week along with some new cams vs my old best set up.

Got the head to 204 cfm with a little more size to it than my previous set up...see how that works out too...was at 194-196 cfm.

Not sure how it will work out, but hopefully at high rpm where air velocity is highest and fuel spray is highest..the dimples help break it up and imrpove atomization. It is just at the inlet, just where the spray hits the port (you can see where on long hour motors)

I know some other places in the port where fuel adheres and it tracks right past the valve into the chamber and out the exhaust valves .to many things to test and so little time .Working with FMF will help a bit ass they did some testing with one of my engines using a new fim legal can and they were suprized that it did not hurt the hp as compared to some other 450s .there are going to be some 450s on the national circut hurting for power not ours .