Sign in to follow this  

leaking oil out of bleed tube through carb!

recently just purchased a 02 450r. i changed the oil and ever since its leaking a water oily substance from the bleed tube. what could this possibly be? to much oil? did i get water somewhere it shouldnt have? please help. thanks guys

cheers:

not used to the 4 stroke so anything will help. also anything else i should look for in that it being a later model?

What "bleed tube"?

The breather tube has a black plug in it that allows condensation and oil mist to accumulate so you drainit out. But that comes out of the valve cover and goes to the air box and there is a T fitting there where it splits off and goes to the collector...

Can be a few things:

Oil migration from a blown crankshaft seal: Measure the oil level in both sides

Piston blow by: replace piston

Blown head gasket: Replace

did you just remove the cap recently? like for the first time in forever???

Ya, if you just removed that cap for the first time, that thing will be full of the nastiest crap youve ever seen come out of a running engine. Its a condensation line. Applied makes a kit to eliminate it for about 20 bucks, but its just bling. Factory teams reroute the breather to beneath the bike. Probably so the mechanics can diagnose problems when the bike just runs past at WFO. If its huffin...problems. If yours is huffing smoke and excessive amounts of oil, youve got a worn out top end. Or the bike has been upside down for several minutes...

rode it over the weekend. was still leaking a good amount at first when i started it and let it warm up. but after that it ran great, idle good and tore through the woods.

my idle is a little low. should i keep it low or turn it up a little?