Sign in to follow this  

Where to ride in southern ontario(durham region) updated

Hey guys...so I checked out the where to ride forum and alot of the places have been closed down since people put them in. It hasn't really been updated for a long time and I'm wondering where YOU are riding. I'm looking for trails, sand pits, fmx, jumping anything but not tracks at least ones you pay for. I know where they are.

So I mainly ride at 2 places:

Newtonville/Wesleyville/Cherry pits

15 minutes west outside of Port Hope and off Marydale park rd. Usually we park at the Timmies and gas station on the 401 and find an opening in the fence at the back and thats how you get in.

Stephens Gulch:

Off Taunton rd Near hampton. Pretty self explanatory just drive down Taunton and you'll see signs. I wouldn't make a day of going there because it's not a huge place but if you live in the area it's pretty good to go dick around in for an hour or so.

Where do you ride. I live in Orono and I'm thinking as far as Grafton/Roseneath and Ajax the other way, maybe to Haliburton is as far north. So let me know and maybe include a few pics.

Hey guys...so I checked out the where to ride forum and alot of the places have been closed down since people put them in. It hasn't really been updated for a long time and I'm wondering where YOU are riding. I'm looking for trails, sand pits, fmx, jumping anything but not tracks at least ones you pay for. I know where they are.

So I mainly ride at 2 places:

Newtonville/Wesleyville/Cherry pits

15 minutes west outside of Port Hope and off Marydale park rd. Usually we park at the Timmies and gas station on the 401 and find an opening in the fence at the back and thats how you get in.

Stephens Gulch:

Off Taunton rd Near hampton. Pretty self explanatory just drive down Taunton and you'll see signs. I wouldn't make a day of going there because it's not a huge place but if you live in the area it's pretty good to go dick around in for an hour or so.

Where do you ride. I live in Orono and I'm thinking as far as Grafton/Roseneath and Ajax the other way, maybe to Haliburton is as far north. So let me know and maybe include a few pics.

Wow.... Are you stupid???:ride:

You state that all the riding areas are being closed down since being posted in "Where to ride" Yet you are stupid enough to post up some more spots for everyone to now come and destroy and get closed down.

CANADA NEEDS TO SHUT THE &%$#@! UP ON THEIR RIDING AREAS!!!!! 👍

If anyone replies to this clown they should use the PM system and protect their riding areas.... just sayin'

Our main riding areas around here have been destroyed by a few lonely locals inviting everyone they meet on the intenet and posting up trail coordinates on things such as "Where to ride", and a local dirtbike club that doesn't give a &%$#@! about trail maintainance, yet promotes the area through racing on our main trail networks that a 5 year old could ride. I guess the fact they have a cash cow of a capsite smack dab in the middle of the riding area wouldn't have a thing to do with promoting the areas now would it (sarcasm intended)

You state that all the riding areas are being closed down since being posted in "Where to ride" Yet you are stupid enough to post up some more spots for everyone to now come and destroy and get closed down.

If anyone replies to this clown they should use the PM system and protect their riding areas.... just sayin'

Our main riding areas around here have been destroyed by a few lonely locals inviting everyone they meet on the intenet and posting up trail coordinates on things such as "Where to ride", and a local dirtbike club that doesn't give a &%$#@! about trail maintainance, yet promotes the area through racing on our main trail networks that a 5 year old could ride. I guess the fact they have a cash cow of a capsite smack dab in the middle of the riding area wouldn't have a thing to do with promoting the areas now would it (sarcasm intended)

Join the OFTR & OCMC there is strength in numbers

These 2 places are known and your aloud to ride there....theres litterally 100's of people every weekend...so why don't you learn some facts before being an absolute ass hole to everyone you meet, trust me making a rage reply isn't going to change it you moron your ****ing pathetic. These places arn't going away there on designated land that your aloud to ride on so **** off you nazi/

And if you didn't notice all the places that were posted were located in subdivisons so ya no wonder they got closed down..go get some facts ******

These 2 places are known and your aloud to ride there....theres litterally 100's of people every weekend...so why don't you learn some facts before being an absolute ass hole to everyone you meet, trust me making a rage reply isn't going to change it you moron your ****ing pathetic. These places arn't going away there on designated land that your aloud to ride on so **** off you nazi/

And if you didn't notice all the places that were posted were located in subdivisons so ya no wonder they got closed down..go get some facts ******

loopsider is right (maybe a little harsh 👍) and you should follow scottiesbe's advice and join the OFTR & OCMC or even a club like Steel City Riders that offers an MX track and trails on their club property.

"Where to ride" and posts asking such have been a big problem - whether you want to believe it or not.

loopsider is right (maybe a little harsh 👍) and you should follow scottiesbe's advice and join the OFTR & OCMC or even a club like Steel City Riders that offers an MX track and trails on their club property.

"Where to ride" and posts asking such have been a big problem - whether you want to believe it or not.

I am with the OFSC and the dirtbike one I forgot what it's called, and the gannies have some nice trails. But, the 2 places I listed are fine to ride at.

My friends and I ride westlyville all the time the garbage and shit has to be delt with us local guys try to clean up but everytime we do more people just don't care. So with that being said were always looking for riders but don't always want to ask people to take a hour and pick up the trash before they start closing the area down respect the land you ride

• Like 2

My friends and I ride westlyville all the time the garbage and shit has to be delt with us local guys try to clean up but everytime we do more people just don't care. So with that being said were always looking for riders but don't always want to ask people to take a hour and pick up the trash before they start closing the area down respect the land you ride

Where about is "Westley ville" I think I've heard about it but never checked it out. Is it trails, single track or just like fire roads? We mostly just ride the ganny. Edited by Tlopez

Where about is "Westley ville" I think I've heard about it but never checked it out. Is it trails, single track or just like fire roads? We mostly just ride the ganny.[/quote

There are tons of different tracks lots of really tight trails lots of quad trails jumps I also ride the ganny with a group of people and westlyville is west of port hope

Where about is "Westley ville" I think I've heard about it but never checked it out. Is it trails, single track or just like fire roads? We mostly just ride the ganny.[/quote

There are tons of different tracks lots of really tight trails lots of quad trails jumps I also ride the ganny with a group of people and westlyville is west of port hope

Lots of big hill climbs as well

Would you mind giving me directions, really want to check the place out now.

I Google it but don't know exactly where to go and park and stuff.

Edited by Tlopez

ame="GunhoRm250" post="11350916" timestamp="1391643536"]

Would you mind giving me directions, really want to check the place out now.

I Google it but don't know exactly where to go and park and stuff.[/

quote]look up Mary Dale park road I don't park ther but many people park in that area just don't park too close to the service centre ant westlyville you would have to get off the highway at newtonville road or come meet up with us in port hope before you ride