Sign in to follow this  

Washington New 2010 KTM 450 xc-w Champions

Hey guys... was looking at buying and overstock 2010 champions edition from a dealer in Idaho and thought I would ask the "experts"... is it worth the 3k savings over a new one or?

Also, I am currently riding a yz 450 (2004)... is the KTM the right bike for an almost B level rider for GPs, Hare Scrambles, and general WA woods riding (GP, Belfair, Capitol, etc)? Any cons to this bike?

Finally (I know, reaching my quota of ?s), is the 2010 really a 2010? I have heard that the CE is really the 2009 frame with some added factory bling... is this true? If so, is that such a bad thing?

Thanks for your help!

I bought the 2011 450 xc-w six days. So far the only con I can see is the $7800 out of my pocket and the bad rim strip that they put on the rear wheel.

I got back into the Off-Road scene in 08 with a new 450exc and currently I am trying to trade up to a 300. I do the Hannegan Harescrambles (B class) and ride Walker Valley on a regular basis and my only regret is not having a 2 stroke. This spring I got my 13yo son an 07 200xc and it is the most fun I've ever had on a bike but of course its a tad small for my 210# frame. Stick with KTM but go with a 2s, you can't go wrong.

$5700???? really?

Is that too cheap?

I think he was going for too high:thumbsup:

Yea everything I have read is the CE is a blinged out 09. I was in the market for a EXC myself last summer and did a lot of research. What I came up with was to stay away from 08's unless it has all the updates, 09's were hit and miss. Starting in 2010 they made some big changes in both motor relibality and suspension. For 3k off what a new one is I would be pretty tempted. It doesnt sound like any of the updates are really a big deal, which if you had any it would be possibly covered under warranty.

SOLD...Smart a$$. 👍

he he he...i wasn't being a smarta$$.....just shocked :ride: ( believe me, i have an 09) did you really get that much?

Joe