Sign in to follow this  

Dungey ditches the neck brace!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy5fU7oTHJPvg8rlooDFfLiJIARSAX4IpoBQEr4mSpi0hn-jRn86zuOEPR_w

I can't tell you how many times this neckbrace war has come up...

true :thumbsup: its YOUR own choice. if you wanna wear it, wear it. if you dont, dont. case closed!

this topic is fresh, contemporary, and hasn't been discussed before! I'm excited to see how this unfolds! :thumbsup:

There are some new ones coming on the market, so Leatt and A-Star don't have quite the market share they have had in the past. The newer ones are supposed to be much lighter, more comfortable and distribute the force to other areas or differently so that some of the other injuries sustained (allegedly) from brace may be minimized. EVS and Atlas are two companies launching new ones. But, again, it is not mandatory and purely what is within your comfort level. Some don't want to wear helmets either...

I need one to keep the 4wheelers heads out of there asses.

Amen, was almost a hood ornament for a Razor this weekend that came around a corner WFO in full slid taking up the entire trail :thumbsup:

On the topic of neck braces I have never tried one so it's interesting to here the pros and cons from folks.

Whats a neck brace?

that's new to me

Ugh.. some people are so stupid & behind the times. It really is amazing.

This is what the debate is about, the Leatt neck brace :

prodd1.jpg

im broke therefore i do not believe in neck braces

Do you believe in helmets?:thumbsup:

I hadnt road in years, till I got my boys dirtbikes a few years ago. I didnt know that neck braces were worn now until I took them to a MX race 2 years ago. Equipment had changed a bit but I dont consider myself stupid. I was on the fence about how much equipment I needed for them to be safe. Back in the times when I rode all any of us had was a helmet and we rode in tennis shoes.

Try being nice when replying to a question it will make you a happier person and you will make more friends. And to your stupid comment I give you this! Place :thumbsup: in your :worthy: then go :worthy: some whoops. :ride:

Try being nice when replying to a question it will make you a happier person and you will make more friends. And to your stupid comment I give you this! Place :thumbsup: in your :worthy: then go :worthy: some whoops. :ride:

Uhh, okay... If you're referring to me, I didn't really think anyone would have taken me seriously after they saw the picture of the "Leatt" I posted. If you did take me seriously, then I'll spell it out for you.

There had been comments made (jokingly I'll assume) that there were people who hadn't heard of neck braces, and other comments about the beating a dead horse/neck brace arguments. Anyone who has been around/seen any sort of MX racing live, in a magazine, on TV etc. etc. surely has seen a neck brace. If you live under a rock and you've never seen one before and you took my comments literally.... well then I apologize. I thought it would be incredibly obvious that my post was a joke, but that might not be the case here.

I'm sorry that my sense of humor seems to have hurt your feelings ? Really, I'm not even trying to be an ass.

I just bought one :thumbsup:

And Dungey's decision to drop the neckbrace may have more to do with money - we don't really know what's going on with his sponsors. Also hasn't he had some problems with it coming unlatched during races?

true :thumbsup: Its your own choice. If you wanna wear it, wear it. If you dont, dont. Case closed!

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^unfolded^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^it^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^for^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^you^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this topic is fresh, contemporary, and hasn't been discussed before! I'm excited to see how this unfolds! :ride: