Sign in to follow this  

2012 rmx450z!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but its doesn't look like they've changed anything on the 2012 version? If that's the case the emissions would still be a problem?

New graphics and black fork guard at first glance...Don't wurry, this bike is amazing !

New graphics and black fork guard at first glance...Don't wurry, this bike is amazing !

^ What he said. 👍:ride:

CARB is not letting in any new open-terrain bikes for 2012 in California, unless they are street legal. Right now all the KTM's, Huskys, Sherco's, TM's, Aprillias, etc are all unable to sell their green sticker bikes......

CARB is not letting in any new open-terrain bikes for 2012 in California, unless they are street legal. Right now all the KTM's, Huskys, Sherco's, TM's, Aprillias, etc are all unable to sell their green sticker bikes......

Apparently, one of my friends isn't able to buy the new (EFI) KTM 500 street legal either, the dealer says they can't sell them... The EPA is going mad with power, just like the Simpsons.:ride:🤣:worthy:🤣👍

-Also, he says that apparently KTM is going to sue the EPA, but I don't know if that part is true.

Screw the EPA, Michigan recently passed a bill that gives each county the authority to designate certain roads legal for dirt bikes to ride on, reguardless of the season or the type (yes, even my RM250 is therefore "street" legal!). The intent is to make it easier for riders to stop off at local businesses (gas stations, restaurants, party stores, etc.) and help out the local economy. Instead of us driving up with everything we need and leaving with without spending a dime.

In any case, I just bought a used DRZ-400 but instead of dumping a few thousand dollars into that I might just have to wait and see if I can pick up an RMX!!! Like I wanted to do 2 years ago!

The RMX is an interesting bike...it's heavy though...but dirt cheap brand new. Does it feel heavy to ride? With the weight numbers I wouldn't consider it, but with the price, it would be silly not to. How is it on tight single track? Thx.

• Like 1

Well, I weigh around 140-145 pounds without gear on, about 5'8"-5'9" and the RMX450Z is amazing, if you ask me. I have taken it through very nasty, rocky hillclimbs, switchbacks, etc. that definitely have made me think twice, but the bike handles amazing. Also, why does everyone say it's so heavy? I looked up the competition, and they are all within like 3 pounds. For example, a KTM is 250 pounds without fuel, add fuel at 8 pounds a gallon, and it's at least as heavy as the 272 pound (with fuel) RMX... These aren't 125 2-stroke mx bikes, they are 450 4-stroke enduros. 👍

Do you know where can I check the price of 2011 RMX-450Z in US? I think they don't sell it..T_T

They only sold them for about a month in 2010, and haven't been able to sell them since in the USA due to the EPA/CARB. 👍

the new ktm is about 246 pounds dry. you have a point there...what is the empty weight of the rmx? thx.

Well, I can't find any dry weight rating for the RMX...

The EPA is the Environmental Protection Agency, and the CARB is the California Air Research Board... They both hate dirtbikes and they both have power. 👍

Basically, they banned the RMX450Z, and now they are doing the same thing to the new EFI KTM's. I guess they just hate EFI enduros, even though technically EFI will make an engine run cleaner than a carb.

hello there...

I ride my rmx since 7months now and comparing to my 06 drz its a bicycle!

no comparsion in handling and dry weight according to suzuki is 123kg/246pds...

feels like it is 246with fuel believe me and in comparsion to the 2012 klx450r its a little higher and leaner, the klx seems bulkier and heavier and doesnt have the power the rmx delivers from low rev up to the top :ride:

i feel sorry for you guys in the us because you really are missing out on a great bike for supermoto and enduro!

hope your epa will release them...

my dealer usually sells streetbikes and im the only customer who ever bought a drz and a rmx off of him...

2 days after i got mine delivered he had a new rmx in the store...

ceo of zook switzerland told he had to sell more of them because they are allowed in the us...

they still sell the 2010 models here there never was a 2011 bought mine in march this year and it is model 2010 number 246...

and as it looks the 2012s ar 2010 with black suspguards :worthy:

probably the throttlestop is welded in so the epa wont mess with it 👍

Edited by bashi

hello there...

I ride my rmx since 7months now and comparing to my 06 drz its a bicycle!

no comparsion in handling and dry weight according to suzuki is 123kg/246pds...

feels like it is 246with fuel believe me and in comparsion to the 2012 klx450r its a little higher and leaner, the klx seems bulkier and heavier and doesnt have the power the rmx delivers from low rev up to the top :worthy:

i feel sorry for you guys in the us because you really are missing out on a great bike for supermoto and enduro!

hope your epa will release them...

my dealer usually sells streetbikes and im the only customer who ever bought a drz and a rmx off of him...

2 days after i got mine delivered he had a new rmx in the store...

ceo of zook switzerland told he had to sell more of them because they are allowed in the us...

they still sell the 2010 models here there never was a 2011 bought mine in march this year and it is model 2010 number 246...

and as it looks the 2012s ar 2010 with black suspguards :worthy:

probably the throttlestop is welded in so the epa wont mess with it :ride:

I know exactly what you mean. My dad has a DRZ400E and he bought me the RMX450Z, and even though the 400 is a solid bike, the 450 is like a dream in comparison!! 👍

i have rmx and rmz, and i can say wieght seems to be the same, maybe i can't fell the differences....

Is the rmx ever coming back to usa? I would like to get one.