Sign in to follow this  

cr80r 1998 gaskets, please help

i am rebuilding a 1998 cr80 engine, it is bored 2mm over. will stock gaskets fit or no because i cant find oversized gaskets. PLEASE HELP

is tht the standard size?

that link just goes to the gasket kit, you have to click the down arrow and look for the exact model and year. the 03-07 kit has sizes starting at standard, then 48mm, 49mm and so on. I am guessing if you are 2mm overbore you would want the 49mm kit. You might want to get your bore measured to be sure.

u think the cr85 gaskets will fit my cr80 because they dont have cr80 49mm gaskets,

All of the top end parts interchange from 96 - 04. in 05 they changed the exhaust design but if the top end kit is 03-07 then it would need an exhaust gasket that would fit the 03-04 models and the 05-07 models so my guess is that everything will work fine on a 98 and the only thing is you will have an oring for an 05-07 exhaust left over when everything is installed. So, long story short, yes, I do think that the kit will work on a 98 even though they don't make one directly for it.

One more comment. You can bolt a 05-07 cylinder on any bottom end back to 96, you just have to use the exhaust pipe from the 05-07 bike since the exhaust manifold is different. the bottom end of 96-07 is essentially the same.