Sign in to follow this  

Moose bark busters?

I know a guy that has a set of moose bark busters he wants 20 bucks for them. I have seen acerbis and others but have never seen moose hand guards on any other bikes. Are they like wearing rustler jeans and velcro tennis shoes, just not cool? Or are they just plain old shitty? Or are they just fine. I saw the new price is like 60 bucks. I think they look ok. But if the quality isnt there I just as soon spend more for a better product.

I have the Moose handguards on my WR250R. The throttle side didn't quite fit right so I had to bend the metal- damn, it was tough stuff. The hardware all worked as intended. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a lot of "bling" value in handguards anyway. Buy whatever trips your trigger. I bought these because my dealer had them in-stock. After a couple of drops they do seem to work.

I have the moose BB's, they work great. I also did a little bending with a vise and crescent wrench to get them to fit as I thought they should.

I had moose bark busters, they did their job, but they don't protect your hands much (namely from cactus). Got swapped up pretty bad in some whoops, and the bolt sheared off in the mount. And they were the sick purple ones too! I wound up getting some new acerbis instead of a new mount.