Sign in to follow this  

What is the used 2005 TT-R 125 L value? Looking to buy not sell.

What is the used 2005 TT-R 125 L value? I am looking to buy not sell. There is a guy selling a 2005 TT-R 125 L for $1200 on Craigslist. I looked at Kelly Blue book and they say the retail is $1065 in excelent condition. NADA states $880. I don't want to insult the guy but is he asking too much? He said there are a few spokes missing in the rear wheel. He said other than that it's in great shape. I can't find any other sources for used motorcycle prices. ANy help would be great.

Is't broken spokes a sign of a cracked rim or something lioke that? I can't remember for sure but I think broken spoke usually means somthing is wrong.

It means he never tightened the spokes for sure, probably rode the hell out of it. I wouldnt offer more than 700 and I have no problem insulting the idiots on craigslist. Make you let the bike get good and hot and then see how it runs. I am dealing with a nightmare of a TTR that once hot runs like crap if it runs at all, thinking its gotta be valves now.

Oh, for reference I paid 800 for a 06 TTR 125LE that looked sort of rough but it ran, till I got it home anyway.......................

Well I sold mine for 1000, it was a good bike, but had the rear side panels held in by zip ties, but thats it. But, mine was a 2004, it had protape bars and STICKERS!!

Priced at 1200 is in the range of nice TTR125 ... missing spokes - run away - keep looking.

Don't forget to check out CRF / XR100's - had two TTR125's and like my XR100 better.

Priced at 1200 is in the range of nice TTR125 ... missing spokes - run away - keep looking.

Don't forget to check out CRF / XR100's - had two TTR125's and like my XR100 better.

I got both in the garage, and the CRF100 never leaves the shed. And for a reason, the hydro front brake on the TTR puts it light years ahead of the XR.

Value's vary from one part of the country to another, and with seasons.

For that vintage and model, $1000 in non-broken parts condition. Adjust accordingly, I'd say $6-700. If the spokes are broke, I'll bet the rear wheel is out of true, and possibly the rim is damaged and/or the hub too.

I'd keep shopping.

I paid 1000 for an 03 ttr LE, but it still had the nipples on the side of the original tires, and looked like it never saw a mud puddle...

paint in the side of the frame was still shiny...lol

A nice bike can go for double the blue book. Looking at ebay and Craigslist is a better way to determine regional values. Blue book is the lowest common denominator for bikes that have been ridden hard, have cosmetic issues, been left in the sun, spokes never tightened, etc.

There are so many bikes that get bought new, ridden twice, and parked, and are in new condition, so as soon as you see words like rebuilt in the ad, go find another bike.

No need to bail someone else out who has already ridden away all of the value.

Winter is a great time for a patient buyer to find a tremendous deal.