Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Supercross pit story's!!!Please share!!!

I think it was back in 2004 in San fransisco at At@T Park.My daughter and I were walking through pits collecting posters and autographs like we did every year,but this year was very special.

The years for supercross popularity has increased for sure so I believe that's why they changed the format,"take a ticket please" and when all the tickets where gone NO AUTOGRAPH FOR YOU!!!!.

But for a mom and her three boy's,didn't know about the change and stood in line waiting patiently for one signature from one of the greatest riders who ever lived.The last ticket holder went through the metal pipes and the Rider got up walked over to the reporters and started his interview but left in line was the disappointed Mom that was sad not for herself but for her kids.I would say I was a little pissed and felt bad for those kids until I saw Mom leaning over the rail try to voice her peace.Little did Mom now but the riders Mom was standing quietly off to the side and slowly walked up to her and asked "Whats wrong Hun"Mom started to express that she and the kids have been standing in line for over and hour and didn't now about the ticket thing.

I seen the Riders Mom wave to the kids which were no older than 9. "Come kids follow me".She smiled and guided those children around the pipes through the gate past the tools and right up to Ricky Carmichael who was giving and interview but was interpreted by Mom.Mrs. Carmichael leaned close to her boy's ear and whispered something. Ricky looked at the reporters to halted his interview for three young men that just want an autograph.They got more than that.Ricky took the young men over to his bike and gave a personal photo shoot with signed poster and friendly hand shakes.

This was a delight for me to see people in this sport are still loving and fast!!!

• Like 1

2010 SF, we got there too late to get the tickets so my daughter, 15 at the time, and her friend just stood there watching Ryan Dungey give autographs wishing they had a ticket. When the last ticket holder passed through, RD says to them, "do you have a ticket?" They shake their heads "no". He signed a couple of posters and gave it to them, then went and got his gloves, signed them and gave them each one. The girls were thrilled, they walked away with more than the ticket holders. He won the championship that year. RD is a real stand up guy.

• Like 1

1997 - almost tripped over David Bailey ogling at one of the Factory Effex girls in the pits. apologized and had a short chat with him.

1998 - spent several hours talking with Bevo Forte after first walking up to him and telling him i was intimidated by him and how big a part of the sport his business is, was and will always be.

2001 - media and press box pass. that was one hell of a night! first night with a decent digital camera. while everyone was trying to grab mcgrath's autograph, i was talking with Roger Decoster at the suzuki rig. focus of the conversation was his article in "DIRT BIKE" from 1994 titled "Roger Decosters How to Win". The man is a superhero!

chris<pixelmonkey>👍

This past May in Vegas...pre and post race time in the Kawi rig with RV...Signed race worn jersey, race gloves, another signed jersey, factory rig tour and some amazing pics...

• Like 1

Washougal 2011. Camped there for three days because I was watching my friends ride the amateur races. The day the pros semis came in we went to the gate to see if we can get in, but the staff were so unintelligent they let us in and we weren't VIP!

I'll never forget this, we were watching the Geico Honda team set up their bikes and one of the mechanics started a conversation with all of us. He was Justin Barcia's mechanic (aka Schnike) and he was soo chill. We talked to him for hours and he gave us a tour of the Geico semi!

And at the end of the races he gave us signed side plates from Tomac and Barcia.

Oh we also chilled with Barcia whos pretty funny.

Coolest dude ever!

ST. Louis SX 2009(I think?), we had Moster VIP pit passes. When we got to the entrance to the pits and they wouldn't allow us to bring in our beers. So we had to chug them... They were filming Nitro Circus, it was the track TP designed and he didnt make it to the main that night. So we get to the Monster area and it was a bunch of kids playing vidoe games. I went to the bar and asked for a Monster and Vodka but NO booze at all in the pits....yes I go to the races to have a good time!

I hate to end on a negative. So the seats provided by Hansen were the best Id ever had. First row off the track in front of a flat landing. Bubba wrecked (shocker) and Reed won, which rocked because I have always been a Reed fan.

CHEERS

Ohhh I have one from the opening MX round this year.

Me and my baby momma were hanging out by Chad's area as he was signing and taking pics with all the fans.

Some lady yells out CHAD YOU ARE HOT!!! I instantly replied in my deep man voice "YEAHHHHH!" Chad and everyone laughed. I also made a comment about wanting the "Chad" buttpatch he was sportin too 👍

He actually won the opening round at Hangtown. I take partial credit for the win for making him laugh and helping him relax hahaha.

• Like 1

I have a couple... our first race at Unidilla, my son was 4 or 5 at the time and we bumped into Grant Langston who was just walking around the pits as well. Really cool guy, took a photo with the kids and just chatted with us a bit.

My daughter 7 at the time thought KW was awesome and she drew a picture of him winning on the way to the race -- she gave it to him and he just about melted, he talked to her signed a poster and turned around and gave the picture to his wife to keep. She walked away on cloud 9.

Now, the negative was with JS7 - this was before tickets and we could just walk up. My son and I walked up and waited around for a while and JS was standing there joking and laughing with his brother and some dude. My son has a silver helmet with him for autographs (still in his room today) and he wanted James, so my son starts calling him asking for him to come over etc...he didn't even look up. Finally someone yelled Hey Bubba - he turned and my son asked him if he would sign his helmet for him. He replied and said Not know kid, maybe later! My son looked at me as we walked away and said he's not very nice and to this day my son thinks he's a jerk!

We finally got RC's as well, we were the last in line during his final MX season when he was with IT9 and since we were last he signed the helmet, checked out all the other autographs and said he wait a minute, this guys not racing, either is this one - how long you been working on this??? Then he started talking to my son about what bike he rides, does he race or just ride etc... he was really cool about it and while it was only a minute or so you could tell he was really into it.

Tell you the truth I haven't been to fond of the Rock-star,Monster,Muscle Milk girls,and so on in the pits when my young girls and I are there for some clean fun and racing but to each it's own.

I think it was back in 2006 or 2007 in San Fran the girls and I where walking through the pits doing our yearly tour when my girls spotted a both that was allowing fans to write and color what ever they wanted on those number cards.But the young lady that was running the booth was about 6' built to kill with less clothing than most people wear to the beach.My girls girls said pleassseeee Dad so we jumped in with both feet.

With my girls smiling and my grumpy face we came up to her booth and the young lady went into mommy mode.Now my girls at the time where 3 and 5.She was an absolute doll to the kids.Very polite soft spoken voice that my kids could warm up to.Not judgeing a book bye it's cover was displayed to my children and a little bit to me.LOL!!!!!

I like this thread:thumbsup:

At the Everett enduro-x this year, Taddy let my buddies kids past the rope into the KTM pits, took some pics with them, signed some auto's, showed them around and talked for quite a while. He's just a real upbeat cool guy, and he's friken good!

In 2010 at Sand del Lee at the canadian pro Nationals, everyone was at the big rigs looking to get swag, and my kids and I happened to be walking through the privateer area and stumbled across the previous years canadian champ Colton Facciotti sitting in the back of a motovan. He and his racing fiance gave the kids autographs and were overall very pleasant with us.

The pits last year in Oakland was not the best ,but sometimes being around great people makes any situation pleasant and fun!

My dad has always been a strong prideful man which is good to some degree.Since I joined this sport at the health age of 29 I always tried to encourage him to come join us but there was always a maybe some other day,until last year which was the first time my dad went to a supercross event ever.Walking the pits enjoying the sport of dirt bikes with your dad is a fond memory to add to my list.My father is now fighting cancer but God willing he will be ok.👍

A few years back I bought one of RV's old KX 85's in a box. Gave the bike as a Christmas present to my youngest and he and I rebuilt it to race. Replaced all of the parts that needed it. We pulled RV's old plastics off that still had his pro circuit team green graphics.

We took the old front number plate to the Seattle SX, with RV's amatuer # 615 still on it. We kept getting into lines for his autograph at the various haulers and tents. My son was getting discouraged, but we caught a break when we followed him from a Kawi meet and greet to his personal hauler.

RV spun around to sign some more autographs before ducking beyond the rope... he passed by the obvious shirts and posters, and picked up on the plate. It was the last thing he signed before getting ready for heat 1. He won the whole enchilada that night... that was pretty cool, too.

My son has that plate hanging above his bed with his racing posters and trophies.

-Kerry

Thats an awesome story... RC is the man.... Close family friends son had some tumors removed and went to Red Bud the make a wish fondation got ahold of RC and all three of their boys got to hang out with RC for a couple of hours and RC gave their son his riding gear pant jersey gloves

I think it was back in 2004 in San fransisco at At@T Park.My daughter and I were walking through pits collecting posters and autographs like we did every year,but this year was very special.

The years for supercross popularity has increased for sure so I believe that's why they changed the format,"take a ticket please" and when all the tickets where gone NO AUTOGRAPH FOR YOU!!!!.

But for a mom and her three boy's,didn't know about the change and stood in line waiting patiently for one signature from one of the greatest riders who ever lived.The last ticket holder went through the metal pipes and the Rider got up walked over to the reporters and started his interview but left in line was the disappointed Mom that was sad not for herself but for her kids.I would say I was a little pissed and felt bad for those kids until I saw Mom leaning over the rail try to voice her peace.Little did Mom now but the riders Mom was standing quietly off to the side and slowly walked up to her and asked "Whats wrong Hun"Mom started to express that she and the kids have been standing in line for over and hour and didn't now about the ticket thing.

I seen the Riders Mom wave to the kids which were no older than 9. "Come kids follow me".She smiled and guided those children around the pipes through the gate past the tools and right up to Ricky Carmichael who was giving and interview but was interpreted by Mom.Mrs. Carmichael leaned close to her boy's ear and whispered something. Ricky looked at the reporters to halted his interview for three young men that just want an autograph.They got more than that.Ricky took the young men over to his bike and gave a personal photo shoot with signed poster and friendly hand shakes.

This was a delight for me to see people in this sport are still loving and fast!!!