Sign in to follow this  

01' KX250 Radiotor problem

Alright so I'm looking at this KX250 01' the bloke says it's got a radiator problem which costs about $300.

Here is the ad;

http://sa.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-motorbikes-motorcycles-scooters-motorbikes-motorcycles-Kx250-2stroke-W0QQAdIdZ319830326

Tell me what you guys think, I've seen pics of the bike and it looks alright, just want to know if this leads to bigger problem or something bad as I can't afford to be spending lots of $$$$ on it.

Here is the right Radiator for it;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/aluminum-radiator-KAWASAKI-KX250-01-02-03-04-/300607626208?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fd9c5be0#ht_2329wt_1004

Cheers.

Edited by Foleyy

Yeah I'm waiting on his response to what's actually wrong with the radiator, all he said was it needs one and it's a $300 fix.

Ahh ok, would be good if someone could let me know what they're like so I can hopefully save some money.

Just got sent pics of the bike, looks sweet, really good nick.

'It's leaking from where pipe has been rubbing against it' He said

What do you guys think? I'll have a look at it tomorrow hopefully.

Looks really clean mate, he sent me pics of it, recent ones apparently. I haven't looked at the bike yet as a mate has told me it's not a very good idea for 2 reasons. I'm buying a bike with a problem on a low budget, once I buy the bike I will literally have $100-200, just enough for a service. and 2. The guy is selling the bike because he hasn't got time to ride it, yet he will swap for my bike plus cash. :/ It's a really nice bike, exactly what I'm looking for so it's a hard decision. If it's just that one problem I will be extremely happy. Too bad you can't get motorbike mechanics to check over a bike for you, I don't have any mates that know about bikes.

Yeah, I'm looking at a 1992 YZ250 now. Was the 92' bike a good model?