Sign in to follow this  

What map do you prefer on the -12 KX450F ?

As title say.... a little curious:thinking:

I used the hard pack connector for a while but now switched to the stock green one, it allows me to be pretty lazy and still make obstacles with some additional right wrist. Rumor has it the green and black and identical in power, the black just has more aggressive throttle response.

I ride in S Florida where we have a lot of sand and loam. I do not race only ride for fun and the little black connector is all about fun. It feels like adding 1-2 teeth to the sprocket but only down low. Once it gets to mid and top is feels the same as green. I still have not tried the white one yet. I had so much fun with the black one that I forgot to try it. It can wear you out a bit as it hits harder so if endurance is an issue then green is probably the best.

having hard time starting bike... any one else? great when it runs..love it

Try speeding up idle...usually works on efi bikes I had.

so what are the correct useage for each conector. i was told my dealer that white was for soft sandy conditions, giving the bike more bottom hit.

black was for hard packed, smothing the power out

and green in standard.

but from reading these comments it seems black and white are being used opposite of what i thought. i have not tried anything other then green standard yet.

so what are the correct useage for each conector. i was told my dealer that white was for soft sandy conditions, giving the bike more bottom hit.

black was for hard packed, smothing the power out

and green in standard.

but from reading these comments it seems black and white are being used opposite of what i thought. i have not tried anything other then green standard yet.

This is correct. The black is for hard pack or slick, white hits harder.

I personally like the black(hard terrain) or stock green one. The bike has tons of power no matter which one is plugged in once you are really on it. These mappings just make it easier for the power to get to the ground coming out of turns and stuff. Then again most of my tracks are hard packed so Thats probably the reason for my preference. loving this bike tho!!!!