Sign in to follow this  

Range on a full tank

Hi T.T and co-members: prof:

I desperately need a long range Gas tank for my 98" XR 600R!

Currently on a stock (10lt white plastics) but its a bit of a problem due to my 180km range and need peharps something like a 32lt or 36lt!!

Did browsing on Acerbiss online and spotted a 32lt for 250 USD excluding transport fees and taxes!

Please advice!!!

Chaw....

No personal experience with the Ascerbis, but have read a few posts stating that the fitment was a bit of an issue on some models - don't know about the XR600R.

I just installed a Clarke 4.7 gallon yesterday. Haven't even got through the first tank of fuel yet, but I know that 4.7 gallons (17.8 liters) is going to carry me alot farther than the stock 2.8 gallon (10.6 liters) tank will. The tank also had some brass inserts towards the front underneath each side of the tank which enable you to fashion a couple of braces so as to more securely mount the tank to the frame.

You're looking at a tank that holds 32 liters?? Man, that is freakin' huge!! 👍 That works out to 8.4 US gallons. You fill that thing up and it's going to weigh 52 pounds.

I get 115 miles before reserve with the stock tank on my xl600, it's about 2 1/2 gallons. had a huge desert tank on it, not sure of capacity 4 or 5 gallons? I don't know, I just know I hated everything about it, the looks, the two petcocks with crossover tube, and mostly the thing was heavy full, I'm never in the woods long enough for 115 mles to not be enough.