frame

Hey guys just a quick question,

how do you guys clean your frame after each ride? When I bought my bike it was polished which im finding a right pain in the ass to keep it nice and shiny all the time.

Any idea how the top teams keep their frames soo clean looking?

if you want a shine on your frame...most don't, but if you do buy some "Diamond Brite" polish. Its for diamond plate material and will instantly pull off the oxidation. Even with just a little cloth it will really get polished so be careful using it if you are just trying to clean it up a bit.

you could see your reflection in the frame if I had put about 5 minutes into it.

IMG_3757.jpg

TBC031.jpg

The factory teams keep thier bikes looking fresh because after each use it is washed imediatly.. Then it's taken back to the shop where it is cleaned again and if it was polished then someone goes back and buffs it out again with metal polish to restore shine. Plastics are generaly replaced after each race also thus also retaning fresh look..

For you if you do not want to keep up the shine but only want to keep the fresh look of a brand new bike.. First you need to remove that polish surface.. You can do this two ways.. 1 you can bead blast the frame.. Or two you can use an etching acid.. Eagle one etching mag cleaner will work.. Keep in mind that the acid will not pit the metal like a bead blast will.. How ever afterwards you can just use scotchbright on it during cleaning and it will remove the boot marks and look decent again..

If you choose the etch method.. Be carefull not to get it on anything except the alu frame.. It will make steel and the engine look like shit....

Factory team frames aren't polished, they know better.:ride:

I polished aluminum for a living for a few years, and learned one thing.. I'll never have anything pertaining to polished aluminum. The ultimate PITA to maintain. You are a slave to the shine, it will start oxidizing almost immediately, and requires constant attention to keep it looking good.

Screw that, I'd rather ride.?

The factory teams keep thier bikes looking fresh because after each use it is washed imediatly.. Then it's taken back to the shop where it is cleaned again and if it was polished then someone goes back and buffs it out again with metal polish to restore shine. Plastics are generaly replaced after each race also thus also retaning fresh look..

For you if you do not want to keep up the shine but only want to keep the fresh look of a brand new bike.. First you need to remove that polish surface.. You can do this two ways.. 1 you can bead blast the frame.. Or two you can use an etching acid.. Eagle one etching mag cleaner will work.. Keep in mind that the acid will not pit the metal like a bead blast will.. How ever afterwards you can just use scotchbright on it during cleaning and it will remove the boot marks and look decent again..

If you choose the etch method.. Be carefull not to get it on anything except the alu frame.. It will make steel and the engine look like shit....

Think this can be a winter project when the bike is stripped down ill go for the etching option, any ideas on the best way to get the engine cases nice and clean like the factory effect?

not sure if the link below will show a pic but if it does then thats my frame at the min!!!

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/richsaxo/?action=view&current=IMG_0288.jpg