Sign in to follow this  

Kientech Ext. Screw/25p works for me

By reading many posts I decided to switch back to the stock 22.5p fm 25p and change out the stock a/f screw to the kientech ext. screw. Wright from the start I didn't like the change, and could not get rid of a off idle dip then go. After 100+ miles and lots of adjusting I just thing its not a good change. Switched back to the 25p and left the ext. fuel screw in, the change was so noticeable i'm not going back to the 22.5 that so many posts recommend. Off idle is now much better (0 lag off idle),idle quality better, easier to fine tune by ear and after 60 miles of dirt riding i'm very happy with the change. My set-up, 04 s,rs-2 uncorked,dj kit,434 bb,stage 1 int. cam,stock carb.

When I did my 3x3 and JD jet kit I thought I was buying the Kientech ext fuel screw so I left my 22.5 pilot in. Turns out it wasn't the Kientech ext fuel screw. After a year or so of hanging idle, I put the 25 PJ in there and it made a noticeable improvement. So much so that really I chastised myself for being so lazy and not fixing it ASAP. :thumbsup:

using the stock pilot is just a recommendation when using the extended screw. you dont have to, there will be varied results. i left in the stock fuel screw and used the supplied 25 pilot from the JD kit.

I've got the dynojet setup (kicking myself for not checking which jet kit I was getting) so I've got the stock pilot jet and the keintech extended fuel screw. runs great! no hanging idle

though I have to say I don't seem to be able to coax any difference in the bike by turning the screw in our out.. (even with the idle turned down)