Sign in to follow this  

09 250f vs 2012

hi guys i've got a 09 250f at the min and love it to bits but its getting to the 3yr old mark now and im contemplating a chance, if i upgrade to the 2012 250f apart from the usd forks and efi what are the other benefits between the 2012 model and is there a huge difference in performance to justify the big cost?

I only use the bike for the odd track here and there on the weekends with my mates. what do you guys think? is the 2012 a much better bike or am I better off sticking with the 09?

i had a 07,09 and now 2010. just rode a 2012. likes= suspension was prettygood stock for me 160lbs shock was great forks could use more oil but revale not needed. motor great low end but signed off quick. it made tha bike easyier to ride but i would be looking for more,like stage 2 cam and pipe plus remap. my 2010 with pipe and cam plus carb feels like a second motor after the 12 signs off. its a great bike but only get one if you need a new bike.

i had a 07,09 and now 2010. just rode a 2012. likes= suspension was prettygood stock for me 160lbs shock was great forks could use more oil but revale not needed. motor great low end but signed off quick. it made tha bike easyier to ride but i would be looking for more,like stage 2 cam and pipe plus remap. my 2010 with pipe and cam plus carb feels like a second motor after the 12 signs off. its a great bike but only get one if you need a new bike.

i've done a pile of work on my 09 which id keep most of the extras like wheels, levers, bars, engine cases etc but the motor has a ported/flowed head, stage 2 cams, recent rebuild with wossener piston, hotrod con-rod and a few other bits n bobs which makes me think its set up really good but in time if i bought a 2012 id soon get it to the same spec but unless theres a big difference in performance/handling/weight etc is it really worth the expense to change when i've got a good bike already.

did you find a big difference between your 09 and 2010? or just a small improvement?

i've done a pile of work on my 09 which id keep most of the extras like wheels, levers, bars, engine cases etc but the motor has a ported/flowed head, stage 2 cams, recent rebuild with wossener piston, hotrod con-rod and a few other bits n bobs which makes me think its set up really good but in time if i bought a 2012 id soon get it to the same spec but unless theres a big difference in performance/handling/weight etc is it really worth the expense to change when i've got a good bike already.

did you find a big difference between your 09 and 2010? or just a small improvement?

i would hold off, fuel injection is very new to the bike, i wouldn't be surprised if they change a lot of things in the way the engine performs in the next few years

im sorry tried to post a review twice and TT keeps loging me out, i think i take to long. any ideas how i could post a long review

im sorry tried to post a review twice and TT keeps loging me out, i think i take to long. any ideas how i could post a long review

Type it all out in MS Word first. Then just copy paste it.

i would hold off, fuel injection is very new to the bike, i wouldn't be surprised if they change a lot of things in the way the engine performs in the next few years

Duno where you've been but it's not new.. The only problem truly with the 2011 was it has a lame map.. That is easily corrected.. The 2012 works even better with the additional injector.. I'm doubting there will be to much more changes in the coming years.. possibly a total new redesign but who knows..