Sign in to follow this  

fall jetting on a 03 rm250

Hey guys. SO the new RM250 I just bought seemed to have spot on jetting for the 75-80 degree days. I am going to ride some trail in a week or so, and the weather forecast states temps to be in the 50's. what would you suggest for jetting? should I go up a size everywhere (main, pilot, a notch in needle)? Would just adjusting the needle and air screw work you guys think? This will only be a one time time ride, and the bike will not be ridden again until the spring. what do you guys think?

I havent been in the carb yet, so I do not know what is in there for jetting.

You'd want to go up 1 on the main and raise the needle .5. Since you probably don't have that next needle then you can try 1 clip and know that it may be a little rich in the 1/4 throttle range.

Figure every 10 degrees is a main jet 168-170, etc. And every 10 degrees is about a 1/4 position on the needle.

Just use it as a guide. Take your jetting and insert it at your elevation and temps then use there scales from say the 04 to get a good ballpark.

But basically it works out to.

Figure every 10 degrees is a main jet 168-170, etc. And every 10 degrees is about a 1/4 position on the needle.