Sign in to follow this  

latest dyno on the 2012 crf 250 over 45

All the valve train is the same just the new porting and Throttle body .I found a way to raise the power curve and i dont want to reveal that as of yet.i have some new valves being made in standard and 1 mm the standard flow nearly 10 cfm more .also fmf is making me some modular components for testing purposes. Bazzaz is going to have a new unit for us im hoping that i can add in a secondary injector and we will be able to adjust the rev limit im hitting a wall now i dont see any weak links acept the stock rod @ the cylinder pressures being produced to make this HP but we are addressing that.im quite sure that i can nurse another 1-2 hp with all the future changes with out killing the mid range and then therse the factory fuels that add more power.Im getting a lot of help and intrest from some good pepole and companys so it makes my job a little eazyer.

What kind of maintenance intervals a 45 WHP 250 like this requires?

It boggles my mind what you achieved. This means that a 450 is pushing what, close to 70hp these days?

a 450 can make 70 hp but the power delivery is not rideable it looses to much power coming up do to changes in port cross section the last time we made 68 hp on a 450 dirt tracker it was unrideable so i was told.I have fuel injected 450 hondas making 65 hp on c12 fuel i have never run one of thess engines with sx4+which can add up to 3 hp on a 450.

ron - is this engine hp i take it - what kind of rwhp does it make?

this is rear wheel hp my latest dyno runs are 45.6 and 22.4 im not the only person getting this kind of power the procircut team has hit 47.2 hp and the ktms are up to 47 hp .Im told by a respectable retired mechanic that has worked for a number of teams that these were not the best engines as when making 47 hp they had a very poor front side.The very best bikes make around 45.5 hp and 21.5 torque .I just finished dynoing a factory Kawasaki 450 engine it made nearly 63 hp this is the same basic parts thats been in RV bike that engine still falls short of my current suzukis and hondas in the entire curve and im told by the rider that its dificult to ride because of the drastic change in power it needs a flatter power curve which im working on .

Awesome Ron. I've just bought a dyno and got a stock 2013 crf to try tomorrow. Just getting a feel for what it should make - I'd guess 37-38hp

the rear wheel hp on a stock 2012 bike using pump fuel was around 37 hp on my dyno i tested a new 2013 kx250 f that i removed from a crate and broke in and it produced 39.8 hp thats the best stock 250 i have seen here i have not had any ktms here yet.

the rear wheel hp on a stock 2012 bike using pump fuel was around 37 hp on my dyno i tested a new 2013 kx250 f that i removed from a crate and broke in and it produced 39.8 hp thats the best stock 250 i have seen here i have not had any ktms here yet.

I was impressed with the new KX engine on the dyno - the 12 didn't show leaps over the 11 for me once the 11 was tuned right - but this 13 kx is impressive for a stock bike. Ron - any comments on the "character" of the honda's power? The honda for me will pump out great power on the dyno - but on the track feels "smooth" where a kawi may make less on the dyno but feel "hard hitting".

I have tweaked and tuned and played with a lot on the honda to no avail as to changing that "feel". They certainly are fast....no issues there - just an oddity of feel

i built a 2012 kawasaki last year and got the same power as the 2011 around 43 hp i rode that bike last spring and liked it to me my hondas feel stronger every where .

• Like 1

I was impressed with the new KX engine on the dyno - the 12 didn't show leaps over the 11 for me once the 11 was tuned right - but this 13 kx is impressive for a stock bike. Ron - any comments on the "character" of the honda's power? The honda for me will pump out great power on the dyno - but on the track feels "smooth" where a kawi may make less on the dyno but feel "hard hitting".

I have tweaked and tuned and played with a lot on the honda to no avail as to changing that "feel". They certainly are fast....no issues there - just an oddity of feel

Agreed, the Kawies have a barky feel to them, they rip!