Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Mountain View MX This Saturday (10/15/11) Feel free to join us!

Hey everyone! I know a lot of people are headed to woodland this weekend, and on one hand I really want to go there myself and later this season race there, but on the other hand I've got a new YZ250 I need to sort out for myself and I want to get it sorted on terrain I'm used to. Plus... all my friends are already going to Mountain View, so Mountainview it is!

Anyways, we'll be there, you're welcome to join up! We've got MX riders of all skills in our crew, from racers clearing everything like nothing, to me somewhere in the middle, to my friend who has no idea and is going to just fart around to get a feel for dirtbiking. As long as you're nice, you're cool with us 👍

Look for the GINORMOUS "Cascade Track Time" trailer. We'll be there.

As an added bonus. Q of SDS performance will be there with us, and he's OCD about suspension setup. If you want help learning about suspension setup (say, you're a n00b like me) then he's really helpful and always willing to lend a hand. Ride your bike, tell him what it's doing and how it's turning and he'll help you get sorted. Plus rumor has it that SDS has screaming prices on suspension work, and buttloads of experience from racing a ton, so this is your chance to not only find out what you need, but actually give the suspension guy you may work with some real knowledge to work off of in regards to how you like your suspension.

im sure that yz would LOVE woodland.

im putting a sand/mud tire on our 125 right now.

Yeah, looks like we're heading to Albany. At first I was thinking of arguing for Woodland, but just about EVERYBODY is going there so I bet it's going to be packed to the gills. Albany works for me!

Mt View is a possibility, but I am leaning towards eddieville..

I'd like to ride Eddieville again, but dear GOD is that a long ass drive!

jessie eddieville is only a 1:45 mins from troutdale Albany is an hour and 1:15ish, it rained in the valley all week, probubly gonna be muddy and no gp course, I would emagine eddieville is gonna be perfect loamy deep dirt, last weekend was great and only about 20 people riding it was sweet.

Welp, albany sucked... Lesson learned on that note!

I didn't even get to ride my YZ-250. Giant issues with the carb on it, turns out the 99 ran an odd carb the other models didn't, etc etc. I'm confused as shit but I'll make it work.

whats wrong with your carby?

is albany as gnarly as it looks on video?

woodland was amazing.

somehow the valve got sucked into the rim on the 125 and i ran with a flat the whole day. good thing its a sandy track.

The short story is that I bought an odd year of YZ 250 for carbs, and it uses the PWM instead of the standard PWK, so it's pretttty much impossible to find a carb that works for it. Also the part that went bad was never designed to be replaced. Rumor has it some company in california (Sudco) has the gaskets but they don't have it on their fiche... so no clue!

The short story is that I bought an odd year of YZ 250 for carbs, and it uses the PWM instead of the standard PWK, so it's pretttty much impossible to find a carb that works for it. Also the part that went bad was never designed to be replaced. Rumor has it some company in california (Sudco) has the gaskets but they don't have it on their fiche... so no clue!

what sucked about albany? I love that place.

PWK 38mm jetted correctly sould work jessie. You can look on the Kehin website i am sure tey ave something that will work to upgrade to a better carb.

Also should look into Ebay.

The one and only time I have ever ridden Albany I left the track with a ruptured spleen. No joke. I drove myself home and didn't go to the ER until the next day.

On the other hand, I LOVE riding at Mountain View. Or...I used to love it when I lived a couple of hours away from the track, now I live about 6 hours away and haven't ridden it since. 👍

It was soaked, and so you slogged through everything. Then it all got caked o nyour bike, so you left the track 100lbs heavier. Then it hardedned on the drive home and required a gnarly pressure washer to get off. It was a headache!

PWK 38mm jetted correctly sould work jessie. You can look on the Kehin website i am sure tey ave something that will work to upgrade to a better carb.

Also should look into Ebay.

Sort of. The PWK is 16mm longer than the PWM, which came in my bike. Slapping in any old PWK will result in the airbox boot rubbing on the shock. However, the PWK from a yamaha is actually custom built for yamaha and shorter. I've got one of those on the way, and a brand new PWM carb rebuilt by RB designs.

I'll be able to write a college thesis on 98-99 Yamaha YZ 250 carb woes...

It was soaked, and so you slogged through everything. Then it all got caked o nyour bike, so you left the track 100lbs heavier. Then it hardedned on the drive home and required a gnarly pressure washer to get off. It was a headache!

I probably got about 100 pounds of clay/dirt at home from Mt View and Albany the last two weekends. A Couple more mud rides and I'll have enough of their dirt to build my own track. Small price to pay though.