Sign in to follow this  

Good Price Found on JD Jet Kits for DRZ

I was looking for the adjustable needle jet for my 3x3 mod as I already have the main and pilot when I stumbled into this guy on eBay: vancouversupermoto

He was selling the kit for the DRZ 400S for only $35.00. I just needed the needle but for that price, what the heck.....

http://www.vancouversupermoto.com/index.php

I'm not afiliated with this company but love to share a good deal! :thumbsup:

I was looking for the adjustable needle jet for my 3x3 mod as I already have the main and pilot when I stumbled into this guy on eBay: vancouversupermoto

He was selling the kit for the DRZ 400S for only $35.00. I just needed the needle but for that price, what the heck.....

http://www.vancouversupermoto.com/index.php

I'm not afiliated with this company but love to share a good deal! :thumbsup:

Please post the link from that site for a JD "kit for the DRZ 400S for only $35.00."

JD will not let you sell it at that price. Any company will not let you do that legitimately in bulk. On that site there is no JD jet kit for 35$

I bought mine on Wednesday for $35.00 plus $10.00 shipping. Looks like he bumped it up a notch....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRZ400SM-JD-JET-KIT-SM-and-S-and-California-E-?cmd=ViewItem&hash=item3f0ef70d78&item=270834011512&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I didn't intend that anyone gets hurt outta this. His description says that it is a "blow out" deal.......

PS: I'm not a newbie. I lost my user name and password and had to recreate another. Formally known as Rayzor61. My name is Ray, I'm 50 years old, and have been Thumping for almost 40 years. I live in Yardley, PA. My current bike list is: 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring, 2003 Kawasaki KLX 400 (all stock)(for sale), 2009 Suzuk DRZ 400S (lots of mods), and a 1996Suzuki JR50 for the nephew. I enjoy this forum a lot and also lurk around ADVrider and DucatiMS. I've been outta the loope for a few years and wanta to get back into dual sport action. My previous bike resume includes everything but a Harley Davidson. Never owned one, never will....unless I win it in a barrel race......lol

No worries, hope you found a great deal and shared with others.

But it would not be the first time a scam artist (not you the dude, selling them) counter fitted a product and then sold them at well below market value.

That was the fort thing that crossed my mind when i saw your post.

Retail is $75.95, so $45 from a guy with too many kits, who bought wholesale and just wants them off the self and out of his shop, garage, living room.. Thats very possible, even so at $35... as $35 in pocket for a product you dont want on hand is better then 20 units for sale at $75 that dont sell.

Thanks for point it out.

That guy must be selling the kits at or below cost price to clear them ...

Hard economic times can force people sell stock for crazy prices to create some quick cash flow....

That guy must be selling the kits at or below cost price to clear them ...

Hard economic times can force people sell stock for crazy prices to create some quick cash flow....

Yes, Id assume he got a good deal on them maybe stock he bought form a closing shop, or he just wants them sold. The old Biz days of selling inventory for a loss, because it was cheaper then paying tax on the product on the shelf (warehouse, etc) may still be reality for a shop in CN? Who knows, Good find :thumbsup: Nice deal.:ride:

Suddenly my radar is on.....lol

does anyone know how I can idenify the ture JD neddle jets when they arrive?

I know that they may have blue and red tops but are there any idenifying number inscribed???

No numbers, just the red and blue tops. I doubt it is counterfeit, too much trouble. Unless it says "Joe Deen" on the package :thumbsup:

Let us know if it includes allen bolts for the float bowl.

I will, and if there are no Allen's; I already had them ordered before I bought this kit. I also have the pilot & main jets odered, as well as the klein extended fuel/air screw coming from the TT shop. Looks like I may have some extra parts......:thumbsup:

As a Note: James Dean confirmed what some of us were going towards..... --He is NOT buying JD kits new for $35 from any legitimate source, so the kit (kits?) must be excess inventory that is/are sold at a loss.

So buyer beware,, but good deals can be had if the New Old stock is what you are looking for.

I just asked him via Ebay if the kits had the 4 float bowl screws. He claims yes so I bought a kit. If it's not

true I'm sure I can source them locally. No big deal. We'll see. Thanks to the OP for the tip.:thumbsup:

Mark N.

Dang it, he does not have anymore listed. My buddie just dropped off his SM on his way to AZ. He has said it won't run...has not started it in a year, so a JD kit would come in handy.

I just asked him via Ebay if the kits had the 4 float bowl screws. He claims yes so I bought a kit. If it's not

true I'm sure I can source them locally. No big deal. We'll see. Thanks to the OP for the tip.:thumbsup:

Mark N.

They sell black ones at Lowes (allen float bowl screws). Look in the screw draw dept. They are a perfect fit.

Dang it, he does not have anymore listed. My buddie just dropped off his SM on his way to AZ. He has said it won't run...has not started it in a year, so a JD kit would come in handy.

Maybe you can buy a kit off graveyard shift for 55 bucks.... he will make a profit and you still get the kit cheaper than retail.......lol..:thumbsup:

Maybe you can buy a kit off graveyard shift for 55 bucks.... he will make a profit and you still get the kit cheaper than retail.......lol..:thumbsup:

Ha...I em'd him. He had one left, so it is en route:thumbsup:

Local shop that shut down some time ago. They dont have a very good reputation locally. I wouldn't send them any of my money. It is possible that he's just selling off dead inventory to recoup cash.