Sign in to follow this  

Looks like I have a leaky injector. . . (gas in oil)

I have a 2010 CRF250R with around 30/40 hours on it. It has been mainly a trail bike with allot of light riding. Just recently have I started taking it to the track and actually using it, flogging it around and stuff. Talk about fun!!!

I always changed the oil after every ride but would wait till the same day I would ride to change it out. Sometimes I would change it immediately after but if it sat more than a day I would change the oil again just before I went for a ride because of the strong gas smell in the fresh oil.

Bike still runs like a champ, and no shavings in the oil:worthy:.

I think it’s safe to assume that it’s a leaky injector or something, is there a fix for this or something? I can’t seem to find a definitive answer in the search. . .

There's really no definate answer. Definately don't ride it with the thinned out oil. It's a leaky injector. I've heard a few guys say that revving it up a little before you shut it off seems to help. I don't know if that's true or not. I have replaced a few injectors on the 10 and it's worked fine after that. I think it's just the luck of the draw unfortunately. Some have the problem, some don't. Personally, I believe that this is the reason for the cranks going bad on the 10's. Not being aware of the problem and running it.

Just out of curiosity how much is a new injector and is it easy to change. Ive never pissed around with one.

There's really no definate answer. Definately don't ride it with the thinned out oil. It's a leaky injector. I've heard a few guys say that revving it up a little before you shut it off seems to help. I don't know if that's true or not. I have replaced a few injectors on the 10 and it's worked fine after that. I think it's just the luck of the draw unfortunately. Some have the problem, some don't. Personally, I believe that this is the reason for the cranks going bad on the 10's. Not being aware of the problem and running it.