Sign in to follow this  

rear wheel bearings

I bought a DR350 rear wheel for my DR650. It didn't come with wheel bearings so I was looking and noticed the spacer circled below. How critical is this spacer?

I am going to use the sprocket and everything off my current rear tire, so I think all I need is two #3s and a #4 and maybe #2 from the graphic. Sound about right?

spacer.jpg

It's absolutely critical!! Do not run your rear wheel without this spacer.... as soon as you tighten your axle to specs the bearings will be destroyed from side load. Order a new spacer.

It's absolutely critical!! Do not run your rear wheel without this spacer.... as soon as you tighten your axle to specs the bearings will be destroyed from side load. Order a new spacer.

right on I figured as much, thanks! 👍

The wheel in the diagram is a cush drive. Did you buy a cush drive wheel or is it a solid hub?

If its a cush you may want to replace the cushion blocks while you're at it

Just want to make sure you buy the right parts 👍

The wheel in the diagram is a cush drive. Did you buy a cush drive wheel or is it a solid hub?

If its a cush you may want to replace the cushion blocks while you're at it

Just want to make sure you buy the right parts 👍

Yeah the wheel I bought is a cush as well. I just put new rubbers in so I am just going to switch them between the two. :ride: