supermoto world championship

hi at all!! im alex from italy i work at race at pmr h2o thierry van den bosch and governatori marco from italian championship

Definitely! I see you got a CRF, what do you think works on the carburated ones with showa suspension? I've got a few of those :busted: Current setup is 14mm triples and stock 250R springs with slower valving, I'm 145lbs w/o gear.

Here's a vid from my "home track" in Seattle

Dirt section was closed, puddles all over.

Here's another one from a road race track that's in Oregon, tight enough to do Ok on a 450

BTW say hi to Jake Thompson if he really does end up racing world championship next year. Great family, I hope he does well.

i see the video it s good video.you have high level of oil in it??when you brake the front don t go down enough. try to upper the o ring.when you brake fork must go down near maximun 6 - 8 cm to bottom.on off road need te minimum to have little bottom . 330 cc oil is the start .what s the model year of your bike??original spring on fork are stiff.i use 4.8 but i m 90 kg and rear 5.9. for your weight rear 5.3 5.4 and on front 4.4 if you are on 450 if you are on 250 originally you got 5.3 rear and front 4.5. for stability of bike on front less reb on fork is needed.

i see the video it s good video.you have high level of oil in it??when you brake the front don t go down enough. try to upper the o ring.when you brake fork must go down near maximun 6 - 8 cm to bottom.on off road need te minimum to have little bottom . 330 cc oil is the start .what s the model year of your bike??original spring on fork are stiff.i use 4.8 but i m 90 kg and rear 5.9. for your weight rear 5.3 5.4 and on front 4.4 if you are on 450 if you are on 250 originally you got 5.3 rear and front 4.5. for stability of bike on front less reb on fork is needed.

I have an '05 450 and '04 250 that I keep hammering on. Both down with blown motors now, but they'll be back in action soon enough.

So even on pavement your recommendation is to use almost full travel. The bike on the big track is 450 with revalved 250 suspension. Actually on the small track it's the same suspension but it was in a 250 then. So sounds like springs are close to what you recommend? Current oil level is 390, so I need to back way off on the compression clicker and lower the oil level right?

BTW small world, you probably know Fred Guerin as well, he was just here in Seattle and of course won the 250 pro race.

Thanks a ton for the info! The factory boys are probably running different rake angles, short swingarms etc?

Found the build sheet, fork springs tested at .44 so spot on for your recommendation. What race sag numbers I should be shooting for? It's set at 80mm rear now and front sag is pretty low, 68mm AFAIR.

Hi Alex-- I have been watching you guys on TV here in the US-- You guys are Fast--->

some day I will travel to Europe and watch you all in person--Jay--

thanx for compliment groovy2!but im not faster then ivan lazzarini , i m 3,5 - 4 second far from this.on front fork you don t open click, the spring must be soft but the bike must be obbligatory firm on low speed movement!!you can t have precision in corner inseriment if bike moving up and down.rear sag on crf is 1 1,5 cm max and near 7 cm race sag but depending much to how tyre you use.if is good rear grip tyre you can use this sag,if isnt you go to 1,5 1,8 and 8 race sag.on your fork lower the level of oil at 330 and make a try when you brake the front go down and the in corner will be easy and quick.2 test low oil and close the click on reb and comp .2 on an test and look at what click you have the best control on corner.if you like near 6 click out you need a revalve.another question is how much you have lowered the bike??.the triple clamp i use are whit 1° 1,5° and 2° closed on angle,i used on my old crf 2005 2° with dunlop.on new bike the crf got a frame closed 1 grade oem.and i use only 1,5°.the swingarms must be 3cm short on wheel reg.but 1,5 cm you can make whit a simple tuning on reg of wheel without cut the swingarm.

Thanks a ton for sharing the setup info! Can't wait to get everything bolted back together and hit the track. Bike is stock height, no lowering! Dragging footpegs as is!

why you have not lower??

Don't know any better, there's nobody locally that knows how to set them up right. What about footpeg clearance, now you guys run goldenshit maybe not an issue, but I'm on Dunlops and local track has very good grip.

the bike of world championship are all lowered with dunlop or michelin or goldentyre.footpeg are gruppi engeneering,try a search on web . there are alloy and plastic interchange. bike lower have more stability on brake and open gas with less rolling cm front -rear and in corner increase speed , you have low baricenter(baricentro) as a superbike.

how do you get the forks to work nice in the offroad sections? i have a nice feeling front end on the tarmac but in the dirt the front just doesn't go where i want it to. it deflects of bumps alot.

how much rebound damping do you use on the rear shock? what should the high speed damping on the rear shock be used for? just tuning for landings on jumps?

i seem to tear rear tyres to pieces :busted: and don't seem to get much feel from the rear tyre.

for fast tarmac bike you havnt not a good bike on small bump in dirt.feedback on bar,bike is hard on low speed in fork and you hurt bad, there isnt a magic setting good asphalt and good off road. you must choice the best lap time setting , if off road section is longer open comp click and reb and make good time on dirt , but if the asphalt section is more time and you think you make much difference here you close the setting ,an hard low idraulic speed bike make best time!!!try to have a good compromise!!!for rear if have tears on rear there are 2 causes.

1: soft comp-bike go down in acceleration on rear and give a lot of grip on tyre

2: reb is slow and bike dont go up after 1st acceleration bike remains down and have

o tons of grip!!

3: bike have under 1 cm free sag and it s too hard on comp,the rear don t work and the tyre make all work and tears

remember rear right spring on supermoto is very important!!!!

for reb on crf is right after revalve similar then cross originale 2-4 click open from all closed,that s similar than the reb you need.revalve the shock and run at 12 with the reb i have talk

i think you may be right with running too much rear compression. the bike never feels like it gets any good drive out of the corners, it feels like its spinning the rear up alot. i might open up the compression a bit more next time and see. i'm running 10mm free sag and 75mm race sag. bike has not been lowered but after the race season finishes this year i will get it done.

i never get any life out of a rear tyre so you are probably right. if i open the rear compression more it will take some load off the tyre and back onto the rear suspension so i can ride harder i think.

i see your crf is a 490cc? how many hp does it make? mine is still a 450 so i'm interested to see the difference.

my engine is tuned for 490 head cams electronic get ,athena cylinder ,wossner high com piston,factory crank . the bike have real 56 hp on wheel. 490 give a lot of torque on 6 -7000 hp the engine spin hard. if you like a engine with good mid-rpm power it s ggood but you loose 700-800 on rev the engine not spin on high rev my get close at 10.700 and i spin every at rev . i have putted the bike on bench ,taked the grafic of engine power and torque and at 10.700 i loose the power, after i ve select rev on get eletronic to 10.700.what engine do you like? what type of ride you have?what s your rear spring??try 12 mm sag. to help traction.i think 10 - 75 you can have a little soft spring on your shock.your weight?