Sign in to follow this  

I just let a customer take a spin around the block on my DR-Z.

He was scratching his head when got off it.:ride:

Nice gentleman came by on his newer Yamaha FZ(??) to get some keys done, and saw my bike and said he had one. The "s" version of the DR-Z. He said that he's never ridden a supermoto before and he seemed like a good guy and I offered for him to take it for a spin.👍

Very trusting of you, if he makes it back in one piece you've got a customer for life. What did he think, is he going to get a set of SM wheels now?

Very trusting of you, if he makes it back in one piece you've got a customer for life. What did he think, is he going to get a set of SM wheels now?

Nah, I don't think so. He said that he uses his "s" for strictly dirt Baja riding. He helps out a buddy of his who conducts Baja ride tours, and he's the one that brings in the tail end of the group rides.

I asked him what the difference was between his and mine. He said, "yours has more pep!":thumbsup:

I asked what he's done to his. He mentioned the usual, 3x3, rejet, and FMF pipe. He wondered why mine was noticeably different, power wise. I pointed out the MRD & the bigger carb. He wished his had the same pep for doing the Baja riding he does. I had suggested, getting the fcr the least for a little better throttle response.👍

He was very thankful that I let him take it out on a quick cruise.:thumbsu:

Oh yeah, he asked me if I was the same guy who had the old yellow 2-stroke Yamaha('67 Trailmaster 100) from years ago. I couldn't believe someone remembered that old bike I used to cruise around in.:ride:

I have let two non-FCR riders ride mine to see the difference. Both couldn't believe the difference.

Did he mention anything about the handling. Differs a lot from the S.

First time out on SM I could not get the stupid thing to turn, and I missed every apex.