Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Sherman MX - Numbers Needed - Help Please

Greetings! I posted this on the OMRA site (Racing forum). If on that site, then please respond there. If not, please respond here. In a nutshell, we're working through the process of getting a MX/EX track in Moro, OR. Here's the pitch:

Hey All! Received a reasonable request from The Fair Board asking for a letter or other way of determining support for a new MX and EX track in Moro, OR. I figured this would be the best way to do it. If you SUPPORT a new track, please simply reply in this thread indicating such, how many in your family (total number) that might take advantage of the track and you're general location. As discussed elsewhere, the plan is a MX track with MX flow at the Sherman County, OR Fair Grounds (Moro, OR), but with diversions for enduro cross. In other words, it's a MX track, but should you choose to go through the rock garden, for example, instead of going over a table top, then have at it you lunatic. We would have regular play days on weekends and hope for race events, including EX events, eventually. Further, we anticipate the track will be available ( for free) for ATV/MC Youth Training and should there be a need for a location in the future for JR Ride Schools, it would be available for that as well, for free. We will charge a reasonable fee for weekend playdays/practice (probably $15/day per rider).

So, again, if you support the idea of a new track, simply respond to this post in this thread only. Please indicate your support, how many in your family that might use the track and your general location. If I was responding to this thread, I would write "(4) I support Sherman MX and there are four of us that will use it. We live in The Gorge area." This thread is strictly to show support for a track so the Fair Bd knows we're not just making this stuff up. No ideas, naysaying, or anything else in this thread please. If you have any questions, please PM me (and I'll respond) and not ask them in this thread. Thank you for your time.

We would greatly support an mx track in Moro OR. Both my son (at school at EOU) and I look forward to more riding areas for family and friends. Thanks for the effort!

3 people , myself and two friends would definitely check it out. I graduated from Sherman High, and my folks still live in the county, so i get there on a regular basis. Its a great idea , as i always dreamed of having a track there as a kid along with the rest of the kids in the county! Good Luck! Ps you can point out the success of Eddieville MX at Goldendale for support.

This would be rad as it would be right down the street from ORP! That means I could do one day on the track and then another day on the dirt track! WOOHOO!

"I support Sherman MX and there are many of of us that will use it, but 8 is a safe bet. We live in The Portland area but visit that area 4-5 times a year to ride at Oregon Raceway Park in Grass Valley Oregon, and would now frequent the area even further so as to ride at this new track."

i would like to ride and support sherman mx, plus i believe it would definitly help with the local economy and tourism!

Edited by trackmaster