Sign in to follow this  

Bog is worse after new tire and sprocket kit?

I have a 2007 yz250f that ran a 100/90-19 tire and a 49th(stock) rear sprocket. I bought a 110/90-19 rear tire and a sprocket/chain kit. I got the same sprocket(49th). but my bike bogs now???!! any ideas? it didnt bog before. why when I got a new tire?

I have a 2007 yz250f that ran a 100/90-19 tire and a 49th(stock) rear sprocket. I bought a 110/90-19 rear tire and a sprocket/chain kit. I got the same sprocket(49th). but my bike bogs now???!! any ideas? it didnt bog before. why when I got a new tire?

maybe your clutch is going ?

its not the clutch its because the tire is hooking up and spinning less, sounds like the motor is getting tired if a new tire is making it bog

the only thing i can think of is you are not use to having grip because a 100 to 110 is not going to make any difference.

With the old tire you spun and let the engine rev into it's power band and now your hooking up. Let it rev out a little longer before you shift,.

that is to large of a tire.anything larger than 100/90-19 has adverse effects on any 250f,unless your in the 40hp and up club.lol

that is to large of a tire.anything larger than 100/90-19 has adverse effects on any 250f,unless your in the 40hp and up club.lol

I was skeptical if that would be the case, because others said that the bigger tire had nothing to do with it. Do you think that if I went up on the rear sprocket, it would help? Because i heard that if you get a bigger tire, you should go up teeth on the sprocket to even out the power...

I would not waste my money,just get the correct tire,maybe you can sell the other one to a buddy.peace and wheelies