Sign in to follow this  

Good price on an '05?

Hey guys, I'm moving up from a TTR230, and I've found a nice one, but I'm really concerned about the price.

From the ad:

"I am selling my 2005 crf 250x. I have the title for it. It runs like its a 2011. it has a new back tire and rim on it, I have extra plastics and air cleaners. amazing bike. looking to race bikes so I will trade for a race bike (250cc) or ill sell for the right price.

thanks. "

I've asked him a bunch of questions, it sounds pretty good. He wants $2625 delivered (a couple hrs away) with special charger, all plastics, air filters, books and title, and stand. He says fork seals are good, and he says it probably has about 300 miles on it. (Odo has been reset). New rear rim and tire. Protaper bars. He says the forks are good, no leaks at all. He says no weird engine noises.

So normally I'd wouldn't be very concerned about this stuff, I'd just go check it out and leave if it looked bad. But because he's delivering it, theres probably not gonna be any negotiating, and I would feel like a huge jerk if we ended up not doing a deal. He understands that if theres something major wrong, he'll take it back.. But ya know.

So does this sound good to you guys? The price seems kinda meh, especially for the end of the season... Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I paid more than that for my 05. But i live in Canada, bikes seem to go for more around here. were r u?

Well, I bought it. I'm in NH. It was pretty weird actually, he was gonna meet me somewhere, but his tire blew out on the highway, and it was a lifted truck on big tires, so he had to wait for his brother to bring him a new one, so we drove on the highway to him, I test rode it in the grass strip in between the North and South lanes, and bought it there. Didn't look fantastic, but it ran fantastic. Everything seemed good about it. Not the slightest trace of oil on the forks, bolt wheels had zero play, steering stem had zero play, came with a few extras. I then took it to my local trails and rode it for a bit. All I can say is... WOW!!! What a HUGE difference from my TTR. Amazing. Fantastic suspension, ridiculous power, without any of the mods! I love the bike. The only thing I didn't like was the noise, it was pretty loud, but he removed the baffle (I have it, just gotta put it back in, or maybe an aftermarket silencer? is there one that's quieter than stock?) Very sweet bike. I kinda expect to put in new valves (with all I've heard about them) but I'll be putting in SS valves. Soo, I'm very happy with my purchase.