Sign in to follow this  

What do you think of this

01_AUGCD07_A00016.jpg

Got the opportunity on this bike.......... Pros and cons of the 05 250....... Coming off a 2006 YZ450

It looks very clean,I miss my 2 stroke kdx.If your the sit and ride a gear high an let the torque pull your thru the slop the 2 stroke isnt the bike for you,if your the run it and gun it rider thats revs and shifts and works the gear box then the 2 stroke is your gal;)I have a 4 stroke and its got good torque,fuel economy etc,slightly heavy but if legality wasnt a thing here In NJ my butt and heart would be w a 2 stroke.I just love the kick in the pants feel when the power band hits and comes on strong:D

I'm excited about riding again since i got hurt in July............... Maybe she will be in the garage tomorrow night.

Slick looking bike,I run the exact same one and love it.Zero issues with it.Great power and handling, ergo's are perfect.I am 100% satisfied and hope you will be as well.Keep us updated.

Looking at it today...... Any problems with the 05? Anything special to look for? Guy says 75 hrs on the bike seems alot for the looks. Pics could be old though, wouldn't be the first time that happened to me. He said progressive springs by Pro Action w revalve. I am sure they aren't for my weight put lbs on over the summer...............

Edited by OTHG_DAVE_925

It looks very clean,I miss my 2 stroke kdx.If your the sit and ride a gear high an let the torque pull your thru the slop the 2 stroke isnt the bike for you,if your the run it and gun it rider thats revs and shifts and works the gear box then the 2 stroke is your gal;)I have a 4 stroke and its got good torque,fuel economy etc,slightly heavy but if legality wasnt a thing here In NJ my butt and heart would be w a 2 stroke.I just love the kick in the pants feel when the power band hits and comes on strong:D

Nah, slicer and dicer, although a little older and fatter these days. I kept riding my 450's like 250's O boy did I go through clutches and baskets...............

It's in the garage. Do the power valves drip oil? Should the air boot be connected to the carb on with a zip tie? It is scarey when the hit comes, I forgot about that on the 450's........... Paid the long buck though. It is in real good shape though.... Going to start going through it soon.

Yeah, they drip spooge through the vent. You can bend the hose up between the case and frame, just remember to put it back down before your ride. I have black half dollars all over the place.

Get a new clamp, btw.

My power valve vent hose drips a bit of spooge, nothing to worry about. In-less it's excessive.

No the air boot should have a metal hose clamp not a zip tie, go buy the right one form Kawasaki.

I would do a top end too, just to be safe.

My power valve vent hose drips a bit of spooge, nothing to worry about. In-less it's excessive.

No the air boot should have a metal hose clamp not a zip tie, go buy the right one form Kawasaki.

I would do a top end too, just to be safe.

I'm going to pull it apart and see whats in there. He told me piston only has 3 hrs on it, we'll see. Brakes seemed kinda weak too, is that normal? Haven't had a Kawi in 5 years so I'm new to them again. With this Pro action progressive spring thing in there...... Forks feel kinda stiff. Anybody go down on sprocket size to soften the hit or will I learn to love it? It also starts with no choke, read here the pilot is to big, so jetting will be a must. I'll keep you all posted.

What side is the rear axle nut supposed to be on? It's on the sprocket side now, backward?

What side is the rear axle nut supposed to be on? It's on the sprocket side now, backward?

Yep, it should be on the brake side. Sounds like the PR had not one clue on how to work on a bike.....

Yep, it should be on the brake side. Sounds like the PR had not one clue on how to work on a bike.....

I'm not gonna lie....I almost did this before.:ride: But i did catch it before i tightened it down.:thumbsup:

Ya know, I'm not sure about that because every thing is tight and fresh. Bolts and nuts have no wear marks on them, a sign of good tools. He has a harley. I'll know for sure when I get into the motor and suspension. My buddy stopped by, he couldn't believe how clean and crisp she sounded. Maybe just a couple jets and I'm off to crush my little bro on his 6500.00 KTM 350 haha.:thumbsup:

I'm not gonna lie....I almost did this before.:worthy: But i did catch it before i tightened it down.:thumbsup:

I have been known to forget to tighten the nut.......................:ride: