Forks binding or stiction

I have a pair of forks from an 04 KX250F that appear to be binding or sticking. If I come to a gentle stop using some front brake the forks do not rebound fully, but as soon as I start to accelerate again the forks pop back up to their fully rebound position.

I replaced all the seals and bushings and thought that that it may have been some stiction from the new seals and bushings, but that was about a 1000 miles ago and it hasn't improved.

With the forks off the bike they compress and rebound fine. I have also tried several methods of installing the front wheel and axle but none of them have made any improvement.

stiction is most likely. You are not likely to feel the fork bind at the top of the stroke. Next time you service the fork, insert the inner tube inside the outer with a little oil on the seal but no internals. So the tubes can slide unobstructed. If you lift the outer tube, the inner should remain planted on the workbench. If it sticks inside Without moving friction is excessive.

You can also measure stiction zone with the fork on the bike by measuring free sag from compressed position and free sag settled from unweIghted position. However this method will not isolate seal stiction as the cause.

If you buy seals, try SKF next time.

stiction is most likely. You are not likely to feel the fork bind at the top of the stroke.

If my problem is in fact stiction then it is quite severe as I feel like I am on a Teeter Totter when I am riding the bike.

If my problem is in fact stiction then it is quite severe as I feel like I am on a Teeter Totter when I am riding the bike.

you might have binding then. did the forks slide freely when they were assembled without the springs?

you might also have done up the tripple clampl too hard.

then again, the allballs kit might be too tight a fit. ive heard they take some breaking in.