Sign in to follow this  

What do you think I should do (part or keep)

Hey guys,

So my poor little 2007 125SX seems to have given me its final problem.

Two weeks ago, my left side fork tube sprung a leak on the oil seal. I figured it was just because of the seal, but it turns out the leg is bent. There are many other major issues with the forks as well, stuff I didn't know about that means I will basically need to buy a used set of forks to replace these ones. The shock is also hammered, it needs a great deal of work, over $300 in parts alone, let alone labor.

On this bike, I have built the motor from scratch with new cases, new stator unit, new flywheel, new rod, piston, bearings, everything has been replaced.

The frame developed a small crack recently, its been cleaned up and welded, but how long will that last?

I also plan on buying a 2012 250SX in the near future to replace this aging 125.

Is it time to just give up the ghost and part my beloved 125?

If I keep it, I will probably spend another 2k on her, buying a set of used forks, re-building the shock again etc. Maybe I should just cut my losses right now, part her and put that money towards a whole new bike?

What are your thoughts?

thanks!

$2K are you kidding me? That is a bit much. I would not dump that much into the bike that is for sure. However, you can find yourself a set of forks and a shock for far less than $2K. If you take your time you could find a fork tube that is not bent, just gota keep lookin.

The frame should be fine with a good weld job.

Joe......