Sign in to follow this  

Back on a Pumpkin...2012 KTM 250xc

Well, I let the YZ 250 go and as of today im back on orange! My last 2t KTM was a 09 300xcw. Have a missed much? Still a KTM? Other then the obvious things how are the new bikes? Anyone spent much time with the linkage? I have read a few reports here and there but nothing solid. Hows everyone liking the 6 speed (I hated the wide ratio)?

KTM003.jpg

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf

I just did the same thing. Sold my 09 KTM300xcw and I'm now waiting on a new 2012 KTM250xc to arrive. Can't wait. I've ridden a 2011 KTM250xc and was very impressed with it.

Well, I let the YZ 250 go and as of today im back on orange! My last 2t KTM was a 09 300xcw. Have a missed much? Still a KTM? Other then the obvious things how are the new bikes? Anyone spent much time with the linkage? I have read a few reports here and there but nothing solid. Hows everyone liking the 6 speed (I hated the wide ratio)?

How about you take it for a good wringing out and report back!! 👍

:ride:

I got my 12 250xc a couple of weeks ago, spent the last two weeks waiting on armor and various other parts. Im coming off a 08 300xc. I rode the bike last weekend at one of our normal riding areas and was instantly amazed at how smooth the power band is. One thing I was not ready for was the difference in how you have to ride it compared to the 300. I could not lug this bike like the 300 can. you have to be in the right gear and keep this animal wound up. It's demands an aggressive riding style above the 300, and likes to be on the pipe. the brakes were absolutely flawless and the suspension will take some time to get dialed in, although I was pretty pleased with the sport settings that I put it in. I had to back off the rebound 3 clicks on the shock half way through the ride and it felt much better. Unfortunately I only have 3hrs on he bike so far because I just blew out my knee, i am chomping at the bit to get back on this bike, I think it will be the best bike I've ever owned and will make me a much better rider.