Sign in to follow this  

Performance cams

I have been thinking about putting in a cam on my 07 yzf. What I'm looking for is a little more snap on gnarly hill climbs. I want to be able to come to and abrupt stop on a hill in second, and be able to blast out of it no problem. I have tried bumping up my rear sprocket size (49 stock) to a 51. I didn't like the loss of the top of 3-5 gears. I would like to only buy one. Can anyone give me some incite on stage 2 and 3 hotcams exhaust? I've also heard good thing about webcams. How do they compare? Will i suffer a bad loss of top end? Thanks keep rippin!!!

Stg 2 is for mid to top end. Web cams are supposed to be the sh!t but some require the valve springs to be changed. Look into a stg 1 intake and stg 2 exhaust. I've got that set up on my bike and it's nice.

Stg 2 is for mid to top end. Web cams are supposed to be the sh!t but some require the valve springs to be changed. Look into a stg 1 intake and stg 2 exhaust. I've got that set up on my bike and it's nice.

+1 on hotcams. The set up described here (i run the same cams as Swede) will give you a good spread of power. Might want to try stage 1 intake and exhaust for lots of low end

why are you using ss valves?the factory titanium set is far superior to the kiblewhites.a set of web cams and spring kit is way better than hotcams.they offer various grinds to meet your needs.and you might be able to use the springs that you aleady have,but be sure to confirm that with whoever you get the cams from.the gyrt cams are awesome,but are a tad pricey.i sold my stage 2 hotcams because they just didnt work that great,and hot starting was a real issue.when it comes to cams and valvetrain componets,you get what you pay for.a nicely ported head will help enhance your cam choice.peace and wheelies.