Sign in to follow this  

Shoei VFX-W Helmet Sizing

I'm looking to purchase a Shoei VFX-W on line but not 100% sure on the size. My mellon circumference is 22 3/4" .... either a medium or large?? For all you guys that have VFX-W's, I'd like to get some feedback on what size Shoei you have compared to the size of your mellon.

i will give you my input although i have bought wrong sizes in the past and was stuck with them. my shoei k dub is a size xl. i bought 2 six six one helmets in size xl and xxl. both were too small. so i am guessing shoei sizes are bigger then most brands

I've had the opposite experience, I usually run a large in fox and thor helmets. I needed a medium for the vfx-w to properly fit.

Sounds like you had the same (not the opposite) experience, i.e. that Shoei helmets run larger than some others. My head size is 22 3/4" and my medium Shoei helmet fits me perfectly.

My Medium Vx Pro3 is equivalent to my Large Vfxw TC6, if it can help...

find a dealer that has one and try it on, before I'd spend Shoei type money that's what I'd do also some online dealers offer size guarantee you're just liable for return shipping,

your pick

Anyone go from a Bell Moto8 to the Shoei? I run a large with the Bell but I'm thinking Medium for the Shoei.