Calling all wheel truing experts!

Radial first. Forget the indicator. Spec is 2mm, (.080"), You can easily do better than that just bye eye and using anything for a pointer as you spin the wheel. Rarely does radial need correction unless you have a bent rim in which case you need a new rim. Indicate against where the tire bead seats on the rim.

Then do the lateral run out. Same spec, 2mm or better.

"Actually, I double checked my indicator, my radial range is 27/100 of an inch. Sound within spec? For some reason I'm losing my mind on the measuring thing. is the .080 80/100ths of an inch?"---- No .080 is 80/1000 of an inch.

Not may indicators read in 1/100 of an inch. Your indicator is probably 1/1000 of an inch.

.270" is a just a bit over 1/4 inch. .027" is just a bit less than 1/32 inch. Anything less then 1/16" (.062") is fine. .027" is great.

Don't know how you are doing the tightening.

Radial: You tighten the two spokes in the highest spot (one left and one right) and usually the two next to each one of those or more if it's a really wide high spot.

Or: If from the beginning you notice the high spot is also off by a lot to one side you tighten only alternate spokes pulling to the side you want it to go.

Lateral: When the spokes are reaching the right tension (the nipples become harder to tighten) you tighten the ones that need to pull to the correct side and loosen the ones that are pulling to the wrong side. Usually also in sets of at least 4 spokes (the two at the highest spot and the two next to those-more if it's a really high spot).

Also: Not sure on aluminum rims but on steel rims there is a spot where the rim is welded, you ignore the reading on that spot which is always off by a lot.

Yeah guys, I was ignoring the weld as it jacked up the measure in one spot. I got to 12/1000 on my radial and spooned on a tire and it rides fine. I know its not perfect but I didn't have issues so I'm leaving it until I buy new rims and spokes. Hopefully it will be easy with brand new rims next time. Thanks for the input guys!