Sign in to follow this  

Florida Mesa park MX Fellsmere, FL riding this weekend

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that Bulldog Motorsports is working with the City of Fellsmere to re open the long closed Mesa Park and they are doing it with a MX track and Mud Bog facilities (among other things). They have approval for 6 events until the end of the year and the first of those 6 is this weekend. local riders supporting it is what they need. The MX track is already up and they have had MX riders test it. This makes 3 tracks near central Fl within less than an hour of each other (Thundercross, L-Cross and mesa). I spoke with the track builder and they seem pretty serious about this. i rode mesa MX back around '01 or so on my 2 smoke and always had a great time. It is right off of I-95 in fellsmere. Just do a google on Mesa Park Fellsmere for directions. the prices are very reasonable and the promoters seem pretty motivated. I can't be there this weekend nor the next one on the 29/30th (but I will be at Reddick MX then) so if anyone goes please post your review. Post pics if possible. Below is the email that Kim from Bulldog sent to me. See ya out there - 117

BULLDOG MOTORSPORTS SCHEDULE

Spectators $5.00 each, kids 12 & under free

Participants $15.00 each

Saturday times are 9:00am- 5:00pm

Sunday times are 1:00pm- 5:00pm

October 15th & 16th

October 29th & 30th special Halloween event

Goodie bags, hay rides for the kids!

November 12th & 13th

November 19th & 20th

December 3rd & 4th

December 17th & 18th special Christmas event

Stockings for the kids and a visit from Santa!

*Helmets & protective gear are required for Motorcross riders

*Helmets and flags are required for ATV riders

*Seatbelt or harness required for Trucks and Wranglers

My buddy rode there today and said it was insane. Anybody know if it is regularly open yet? I was planning on going next weekend.

I can't speak for today, but I did ride there yesterday. First, it's important to say that I am newly into dirt bike riding after over 30 years of not riding motorcycles at all. Secondly, I have only been on a few MX tracks. So, my perspective is totally from a NOVICE or beginner view - not to mention the fact I still have to work ...

The track was fun but I think it was a little too technical for inexperienced riders in some areas. The experienced riders seemed to be able to get around with no trouble. I found that I had to roll most of the jumps because they were beyond my experience level which made parts of the track not fun. I noticed alot of riders rolling the jumps as well. I would like to see some of the doubles smoothed out a little or maybe a little closer together. Other than that, it was a blast.

The riders were all very courteous. I never felt like it was dangerous to be on the track. All in all, I like it there alot and will go back, especially if it opens regularly.

Saturday was a great day at MESA we hung out and rode all day, the track has come a long way in a short amount of time. It is a work in progress so it looks to only get better. There were a few local fast guys out there this weekend so that was good to see them make it look easy. It isn't really great for beginners but with everyone respecting each other it didn't seem anyone was having a bad time.

They are not open permanently yet as they have temporary special events permission from the city. Hopefully that will change soon. :busted:

I live in Broward County and never heard of Mesa Park in Fellsmere is it still open?

MX#2 with FTR is at Mesa, I take it this place is up and running now. Thinking about going

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion.

I have rode tracks all over the state and this place is nice. I was practicing there last weekend and they have made big improvements in the last month and a half. My 2 sons rode there during the week and found the track was groomed even on weekdays. They have modified the layout and installed a gate. Even with all the rain we have had the track stays in good shape.

It is not the most technical track. It is a track that any level rider can safely ride.

As a reference point we have rode Bithlo, Pax, Bostwick, Hard Rock, Thundercross, L-cross, Bartow and all the MX tracks at Durhamtonw including the Bomber (see video link).

Mark C

Don't wreck and go off the track like the guy did last weekend. He wrecked and fell into one of the ditches between the lanes. The bike fell on top of him and he almost drowned. He couldn't get the bike off of him. Them ditches are deep. After hearing that i will not let my kid ride that track anymore after that. I know the ambulance showed up for the guy but don't know what the out come was. The county of Indian River told them to cover them up and they haven't.

I raced the FTR event there this weekend. An ambulance is required for all FTR events and was there the entire day. No one was seriously hurt or taken away in the ambulance. I talked to both the track manager and the FTR promoter and we only had one race that had the medic flag come out and it was one of the little kids took a hard fall on a jump. Everything ran very smoothly and FTR puts on family oriented races. The classes ranged in age from 4 year olds to 55+ year olds and this was one of the safest tracks I have rode.

MX by it's nature is a dangerous sport. I have been at tracks that had open practice (all ages and all bike sizes) run together and no flaggers. My son got his ankle broke when another rider landed on him on a big jump that was blind (cannot see the landing before you are in the air). Yes there was water beside the track due to all the rain and the drainage designed to take water off the track, it has to go somewhere. Of all the races there was only one or two times a bike went in or near the water. I take it you have never been to Hard Rock or Gatorback. Both those tracks have serious drop offs if you go off the track as they are both on properties that used to be mining pits. Your decision and opinion is your personal right and view but not necessarily the same as others.

It was a great event and we will be back.

Mark C

Master 67B

Edited by Mcronkgto

OMG, have you ever rode off rode at a place like highland park Safe? It's mx for gods sake. There is a potential to get hurt. If you dont get that you should not be riding or let your kids ride. I don't know you but, like Mark i have rode all over the stat e and out, i can tell quickly which are not for me or my kids, and i dont ride them. But they are probably fine for the right people. Get over it.

Edited by Brett01

I believe Fast and Safe is a cousin of 8UP.

Just saying!!!

Don 👍

Hello everybody!

Mesa Park is one of Florida's largest motocross tracks open 7 days a week. At the track of Mesa Park, you will experience the exhilaration born from the challenging yet safe dirt obstacles (jumps) that are embedded in the 1.1 mile motocross track.

For more information about Mesa Park visit mesapark.net

email us at mike@mesapark.net

Phone; (772) 918-8016

Hello everybody!

Mesa Park is one of Florida's largest motocross tracks open 7 days a week. At the track of Mesa Park, you will experience the exhilaration born from the challenging yet safe dirt obstacles (jumps) that are embedded in the 1.1 mile motocross track.

For more information about Mesa Park visit mesapark.net

email us at mike@mesapark.net

Phone; (772) 918-8016

Not to offend anyone but i think people need to know the truth because the post above is far from it. For one, the most important is being safe. If its so safe why have more people been injured and more than one death has accrued  in the short amount this track has been open than any other track i know of?... You have concrete walls to run into, ditches in between lanes on track to land in for injury, track is way to narrow, and you have a different tractor worker every week that knows nothing about motocross and how to make a track flow and how to make safe smooth jumps. instead one week there peaked to the moon then the next week the opposite. I know experienced MX riders that pass this track weekly due to the inconsistency of track maintenance and make there way to thundercross mx. Hope people take my advise and save there money and time