Sign in to follow this  

Got a companion for the DRZ now Aprilia SXV 450

Well I have been pretty new to supermoto just purchasing my DRZ in august, I have had more fun on my motard than any bike I have ever owned. Here are the two bikes in my garage : ) I have plans to send my motor to eddie over the winter for the 50hp package so I will have two fast bikes!!

6244906917_30854e07db_b.jpg

Nice bikes. I wobder how hard it would be to put an ape swingarm on a drz?

Thought the EXACT same thing when I looked at that picture:thumbsup:

Thought the EXACT same thing when I looked at that picture:thumbsup:

the aprilia is like a 180 tire no way that swingarm will fit lol

swapping on a swingarm that the chain saws thru the slider non stop requiring constant replacement? no thanks.

sxv has got to be on of the best looking supermotos..only thing aprila are more expensive.and so are the parts.the oil bottel for my rs250 is just over £50

Nice bikes. I wobder how hard it would be to put an ape swingarm on a drz?

It wasn't on a DRZ but I have seen a RM-Z that the guy modded an ape swing arm to. I think I seen it over at SMJ a few years back. Looked pretty darn cool

KTM is a reliable bike also :worthy:

Excatly :thumbsup:

KTM is a great company, they make awesome bikes. Check valves which is not a difficult process to do and adjust if needed in the intervals, besides that its not even that much more maintainence than a drz...i was thinking of a 525 smr or a sxv 550 this summer once my case is over and im able to ride again, for now all i can do is window shop again :ride:...this summer i think i should be good to go

edit: a good friend of mine mentioned this guy who ridethis...http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/179/7182/Motorcycle-Article/2011-KTM-350-SX-F-First-Ride.aspx ... he said this guy was outtttttttttttttttt so fast. I wanna test drive now :worthy:

KTM is a great company, they make awesome bikes. Check valves which is not a difficult process to do and adjust if needed in the intervals, besides that its not even that much more maintainence than a drz...i was thinking of a 525 smr or a sxv 550 this summer once my case is over and im able to ride again, for now all i can do is window shop again :ride:...this summer i think i should be good to go

edit: a good friend of mine mentioned this guy who ridethis...http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/179/7182/Motorcycle-Article/2011-KTM-350-SX-F-First-Ride.aspx ... he said this guy was outtttttttttttttttt so fast. I wanna test drive now :worthy:

Very true :thumbsup:

Oh and that new 350 is one bad ass bike. I got to ride one and was amazed what it could do:crazy: