Sign in to follow this  

Big bike Fat bars on an 85

They can work but not with the OEM clamps. This is an 04 85 SX with the old school bars. I am not sure if KTM went with the fat bars on the newer years?

Joe.........

IMG_0377.JPG

no, this 07 I bought has the standard 7/8". Looks like the clamps with cross over, but the 1 1/8 bars have a wider cross section. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or compared. Really don't feel like tearing down the bars on my bike just to see. the stock bars are slightly bent, so I was going to entertain this if it wasn't hard.

what you are saying is that I really need to replaced the triple clamps?

what is the issue with the stock TC's if the bar clamps mount up?

I may just have to tear my bars off my bike and check it....

all you need to replace is the clamps. SSP are the best! :worthy:

which clamps, bar or triples? I know I will have to replace the bar clamps, going from 7/8 to 1 1/8. ... :ride:👍

I was ok with the OEM KTM bars on the KTM 85. Now when the kid moved up to a KX100 I bought two of them new and the OEM bars were crap. First hard fall and the bars would bend. I ditched the OEM bars for some fat bars right away. What is wrong with the bars on the bike?

Joe........

06kx100.JPG

I was ok with the OEM KTM bars on the KTM 85. Now when the kid moved up to a KX100 I bought two of them new and the OEM bars were crap. First hard fall and the bars would bend. I ditched the OEM bars for some fat bars right away. What is wrong with the bars on the bike?

Joe........

06kx100.JPG

bent.

thinking of picking up a set of stock 1 1/8" bars to put on my bike and swap the bars on my bike to the 85.