Sign in to follow this  

Post arthroscopy knee exercises

Had my knee scoped with a partial medial meniscectomy on wednesday. Wednesday night and thursday I was walking awkwardly, but not really doing any forced exercise. This morning I went back for a check up and removed the dressing, and I've been trying to loosen it up since then.

I have full extension, although the last bit is still very tight, and maybe 100-110* flexion before it really gets uncomfortable. It feels as though the swelling is limiting my ROM more than anything. Been icing it as much as possible and taking aleve. I was instructed to start SAQ exercises and make appointments for therapy next week, but I would rather get working at home now.

Are there any other exercises that will help loosen up the knee without adding to the inflammation? What's a good timeline for exercise bike, light leg press/extentions, etc? Is it all pretty much "as tolerated?"

I'll trade a little pain for being back to normal faster, I just want to make sure I don't overdo anything and take a step back.

Spent most of yesterday on the exercise bike, flexion is probably around 130 now, swelling and pain about the same.

The fishing line did come out of one of the incisions overnight, anyone know if this is gonna be a problem? Should I put a butterfly strip on it or something? I have an followup in a week when the stitches are supposed to be removed, want to make sure the incision isn't gonna open up if I bump it or get it wet. Nobody in the office on sunday for me to call.